October 09, 2023
2815 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2967 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What games are you BUYING? ARCHIVE

More
24 Mar 2010 11:56 #58328 by ubarose
The ConnCon Math Trade allowed me to get rid of four boxes o' crap that have been doing nothing but taking up space for years. Felt bad about sticking Matt with Blood Feud in NY, but he seemed happy to get that big box of plastic dudes.

In return we got Bang! and Micro Mutants to play with family and the band boys. The Cosmic Encounter expansion for the Spawn. Samurai for Francie Pants. Matt said I'd lose my AT cred if I confessed to trading Blood Feud in NY for Samurai, but when your best friend is a hard core Euro-gamer, you have to compromise.
The topic has been locked.
More
24 Mar 2010 13:03 #58334 by metalface13
generalpf wrote:

metalface13 wrote:

The art's not that bad. I'm fine with the icon-looking illustrations. People whine about over-the-top FFG fantasy art and then complain when something is too simple?

What makes you think they're the same people?

Because people are people.
More
25 Mar 2010 16:29 #58386 by stormseeker75
Good God, I've bought a lot of games. I just purchased Finca, Archaeology the Card Game, Fresco, Filipino Fruit Market, and Serpents of the Seas (just to make it a bit more manly).

Serpents of the Seas looks awesome. I love the realism of it. I'm sure it will not be easy to learn, but I'm looking forward to it.
More
25 Mar 2010 17:25 #58392 by Space Ghost
Zanziar just showed up from the Nordic countries. Played a couple of games yesterday. It very well may be the game Runewars should have been.
More
25 Mar 2010 17:31 #58393 by Gary Sax
It looks like more heroes questing focused than DOAM from the BGG entry... let us know how it is.
More
25 Mar 2010 17:44 #58395 by Space Ghost
The heroes are integrated better. You get one hero and the potential to recruit more adventurers. Your hero and adventurers lead armies into battle, search for treasure, recruit neutral units, and do adventures.

Questing is limited by what is available on the board, so there is some forced battles. Also, each hero has 3 objectives (fulfilling two wins the game). Some heroes are more quest oriented while some are more conquest oriented. I suppose I could do a review in the next couple of days.
More
25 Mar 2010 19:15 #58400 by stormseeker75
Washington's War arrived today. Now I can set it up so I can play my game with King Put more effectively. I really need to read the rules.
More
26 Mar 2010 10:08 #58419 by Ska_baron
Space Ghost wrote:

The heroes are integrated better. You get one hero and the potential to recruit more adventurers. Your hero and adventurers lead armies into battle, search for treasure, recruit neutral units, and do adventures.

Questing is limited by what is available on the board, so there is some forced battles. Also, each hero has 3 objectives (fulfilling two wins the game). Some heroes are more quest oriented while some are more conquest oriented. I suppose I could do a review in the next couple of days.

YES PLEASE.

where the heck did *this* game come from? This is the first I'm seeing of it!
More
26 Mar 2010 10:25 #58424 by dan daly
I just got the newest edition of Family Business. Finally, someone decided it would help gameplay to put the text saying what the cards do back on the cards. We played 3 games at our last game get together. It rocks.
More
26 Mar 2010 11:12 #58427 by volnon
I just bought and received the awesome looking Warlords of Europe.

Damn it looks sweet! Lots of plastic knights and castles- best olde world map since Fire & Axe - and cards! Lots of great cards to influence the action.

And even more! Dice!

Lots of different type! D6, D10, and even D12!

How sweet it is!

Little wonder the guys who created this game were MB Gamemaster fans...

Now THIS is Ameritrash!
More
29 Mar 2010 22:23 #58566 by Aarontu
Just got Cosmic Encounter from fellow FATtie, Dan Daily. Can't wait to play it!
More
30 Mar 2010 01:07 #58572 by Ancient_of_MuMu
Completely forgot about a game purchase made last week, as I don't think of it as a game yet.

I received the Rise of the Valkyrie master set for Heroscape a couple of months ago and haven't felt inclined to play a game, but have given the set to my two daughters to play with until I decide to do so. They love making various landscapes for the figures to play on, although there is some disagreement over who gets to be the dragon. After they sat there and played on and off with the set for a day my wife told me I should get some more so I picked up Heroscape Marvel for reasonably cheap on eBay. The figures are nice, but there isn't much terrain in the set compared to the other set I have. I gave it to the girls yesterday as they are both home (school holidays) to try to distract them for a bit to allow my wife to work but it failed as they were only preoccupied for about half an hour.
More
30 Mar 2010 16:25 #58615 by DeletedUser
I dropped in at the FLGS yesterday on a whim and picked up Citadels - a game I have never played - also on a whim. I have a wishlist as long as your arm and Citadels wasn't even on it. But the lower price point made it a lot easier to take a gamble and buy it before having played it. Have heard good things about the game though, so wasn't a completely blind purchase.
More
02 Apr 2010 21:33 #58817 by Mr. White
My copy of Iron Dragon came in. Glad to finally have this one. I remember seeing this in my LGS back in Bama in the 90's. I always thought of it when I think of train games. Very excited to play this and Martian Rails soon. Solo plays are fun and think they'll go over well with the group.
More
04 Apr 2010 20:37 #58851 by Josh Look
Just ordered Cyclades. I'm a sucker for Greek mythology and I've heard some really positive things about it, so I went for it.
Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.460 seconds