October 09, 2023
2610 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2809 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Insidious

More
05 May 2011 05:47 #95782 by Space Ghost
Replied by Space Ghost on topic Re: Insidious
Hey, Barney is the only other person I have met that says they don't like 2001 -- everyone always gushes about how great it is. I say BORING.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2011 06:04 #95783 by Not Sure
Replied by Not Sure on topic Re: Insidious

Space Ghost wrote: Hey, Barney is the only other person I have met that says they don't like 2001 -- everyone always gushes about how great it is. I say BORING.

And now there are two people on the crazy list.

More
05 May 2011 07:25 #95785 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re: Insidious
Mr Skeletor wrote:
" Blade Runner has fuck all to do with the story it's supposedly based on as well"
Bladerunner had great acting, script, sets, etc and is outstanding. Total Recall had none of that.
" I guess your a fan of 'quality' Sci-Fi like ID4?"
Never heard of ID4, hang on, okay so it's Independence Day. No, not a fan of that either, have to say that's as crap as TR.

wice wrote:
" And his short stories, while generally much more focused and better executed, are, well, too short for a whole movie."
I thought We Can Remember It for You Wholesale was a pretty good short story, one of his better ones. When it's claimed that a film is based on a short story or book, I kind of expect them to have something, anything in common. When they don't I feel ripped off by deliberately deceitful marketing, and if the film is bad, my opinion plummets even further.

Black Barney wrote: " back on topic"
Hey! I wasn't the first to threadjack! :p Anyway, just wanted to answer the two points above. I'll shut up now.
" I also can't bring myself to like 2001, Solaris, or other slow sci-fi movies."
I liked 2001 but don't feel strongly about it, good but not great. The original Solaris was really slow and forgettable, so I never bothered with the remake. Insidious doesn't appeal, but I have a question, is it a 'make you jump' movie or a 'creep you out' one? The former bore me, the latter makes far better horror.

More
05 May 2011 13:20 #95803 by stormseeker75
Replied by stormseeker75 on topic Re: Insidious

Black Barney wrote: It's cuz of the dumb movie had a super scary sequence during daylight when you assume everything is gonna be ok. GAH

See, that's breaking the fucking rules, man. I'm safe during the day. That's just not cool. I can live with being scared at night, but the day is my safety zone.

I rescind my comment about you being a pussy.....temporarily.

More
05 May 2011 13:43 #95807 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Re: Insidious
Stormseeker, yeah I mean it's the middle of the day, the mother-in-law is over and they're ALL sitting around the dining room table. I'm like, "whew, I can relax for a sec" and then *scraaaaaatch*, what's that noise? AHHHHHHH! OMG IT'S FRICKIN' DARTH MAUL RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

oh man, I jumped right through the roof. Two of three times they hit you with feelings of creeped out dread in the middle of the day as she is running through her house. Scary stuff.

Notahandle, it's a mix of both. There are lots of make-you-jump moments coupled, of course, with loud soundtrack. But there is also lots of "i don't want to be in this theatre anymore, I'm too creeped out" which is fun. And it's not fun-horror like DRAG ME TO HELL, it's just plain scary as fock, my-heart-hurts horror.

Space Ghost, yay we can be buddies forever! Let's shower together and then burn as effigy of NotSure or something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notahandle

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds