October 09, 2023
2557 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2753 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Delay Notice from Valley Games

More
02 Sep 2008 09:36 - 02 Sep 2008 09:37 #10885 by Dr. Mabuse
"Hello all,

We wanted to give you an update on where everything is at the moment and where your copy of either Titan, Municipium or Supernova is currently sitting, because it's not on your game shelf where it SHOULD be.

You can read our frustration in that opening sentence and I know you are feeling a bit in the dark by all the emails that I have gotten. So instead of trying to relay the story to each person, we had one of our customers suggest a mass email with the situation. Nice idea.

So, we'll start with Titan, most of you know we had a couple copies at Origins to show off and those were the first 10 off the press for us to give away and promote the game. When we got them at our hotel in Columbus we noticed some pretty big problems with it, there was colour issues, the tokens didn't cut right, the tray was completely wrong, print errors etc etc. So we advised our printer to stop the press and to address the issue log we sent to him from the show floor that very morning. GenCon came and we were supposed to have a few more copies to show off as the "New Titan" and again, we had some errors on them, while those were not as drastic we had to get the printer, who was now in full production, to stop again. So while some may think it's not our fault, we are still responsible so we'll take the rap. But, I think most of you would agree, that you would rather wait for a perfect copy rather than getting something right away that isn't perfect. At least the feedback so far is in that direction. So the bottom line is that it was delayed again.

Municipium, we had similar problems, and each time the situation changed, the board was cut backwards, the gloss wasn't right on the finish, the colours were different. So this also put this game behind.

Supernova is actually doing pretty well, except that the copies that we were sent at GenCon were not fully dried and caused a couple problems that we will fix without question so if you got one there, send me an email and we will get you fixed up.

So, at the end of the day we were going to try and ship everything together to North America to save shipping costs, but now that is not an option. As soon as each game is complete, we are shipping them over and so here are the dates for the games to arrive in North America, from there they will be shipping to you. European customers we have another solution that should quicken delivery time and I will explain that shortly here.

Titan is shipping to the USA on Sept 5th, by boat, and is expected to arrive in port on Oct 5-8th. Municipium is to ship 3 days after that, and Supernova 3 days after that. We will commence shipping right after that.

Shipping, one of our biggest issues and I'm sure many other people experience the headaches as well. We don't have a warehouse that has Valley Games employees, we don't actually have any employees, we have 3 guys that do different things all of them that can be done via email and telephone. We all live in Canada, great place, crappy for shipping. So we have other companies that we hire to do things for us, warehouse our games, ship them to people, and fix problems like broken generals or missing bits.

All of this is done, by me, by email and phone calls and sometimes it doesn't get done in a timely manner, not because I don't want it to nor because they don't want to it's just something that takes a little time. It's not a perfect system and it will get better. But we are considering not carrying forward with the pre-order program on any other games due to the constant headaches of print issues that cause delays to customers that have already paid and are waiting. It's not fair to you or to us, and you have every right to come yelling your frustration to us. (We then yell back to our printer and others that are dropping the ball) It may not help but I think it makes everyone feel better ;)

We would like to, again, apologize for the delays, we are working toward perfection and sometime you have to break a few eggs to get there. We are more excited to get emails from people who have received their product and are happy than the ones we have been receiving. I do, and will continue to try and get to everyone's email in a timely manner but we do have an enormous amount that we receive and it's tough to get through them all as more pile on and frustrations mount. Your understanding with this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your support of Valley Games and we are excited to bring more great games to you in the future, more frequently too we hope!

Regards,

Torben Sherwood

Vice President, Operations
Valley Games Inc.

email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 02 Sep 2008 09:37 by Dr. Mabuse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2008 09:40 #10886 by Dr. Mabuse
This means my newly built dice tower will have to wait a little longer until I can pop it's cherry.

Soon my love, very soon.

More
02 Sep 2008 10:45 #10888 by Dogmatix
I wondered what happened with Titan. I recall hearing that physical copies actually existed, so I figured the box would be appearing any day now. Ah well, not like I don't have 100 games stacked up everywhere waiting to be played.

More
02 Sep 2008 11:09 #10889 by Michael Barnes
Uh...I have a TITAN preordered but I didn't get this memo...I guess I should be worried...

More
02 Sep 2008 11:27 #10892 by TheDukester
Sounds like it's time to hire a new fucking printer ...

More
02 Sep 2008 11:56 #10893 by Matt Thrower
Bah! I want to know what this speedy delivery solution is for European customers. Man, would I love to get a shiny new kick-arse game like Titan before the US for once :)

More
02 Sep 2008 12:29 - 02 Sep 2008 12:33 #10898 by Stonecutter
I know literally nothing about Municipium but new Titan and Supernova are two of my most anticipated titles.

BooUrns!

MattDP wrote:

Bah! I want to know what this speedy delivery solution is for European customers. Man, would I love to get a shiny new kick-arse game like Titan before the US for once :)

Perhaps you could satisfy yourself with a shiny new copy of Agricola with animeepels? I understand those are a lot easier to find and have been available a lot longer on your side of the Atlantic.

:P
Last edit: 02 Sep 2008 12:33 by Stonecutter.

More
02 Sep 2008 15:44 #10907 by jeb
I think of it aging, like fine wine.

Barnes, I wouldn't sweat the email thing--I'm pretty sure that was OPT IN, I didn't get the notice either. I've had one or two conversations with the VG folks, so they have my address.

I've been digging (and blogging) the FAT play-by-email game and have been busting out Colossus at least once a night for a 15 minute hack n slash--I'm really into this game right now. .

More
02 Sep 2008 17:49 #10911 by Schweig!
I held one of these pre-production copies in my hands back in June. I guess their story is true. While I didn't see any problems with this copy, of course I'm no expert and my opinion doesn't count. If it keeps a few board game geeks who think they got OCD from bitching about non-matching colors or counters which might need little application of an artsy knife, then more power to them I guess.

More
02 Sep 2008 18:40 #10912 by Citadel
They are making good games and have good stuff in the pipeline.....but I still haven't received my generals.

More
02 Sep 2008 19:24 #10913 by billyz
jeb wrote:

I've been digging (and blogging) the FAT play-by-email game and have been busting out Colossus at least once a night for a 15 minute hack n slash--I'm really into this game right now. .

Blah, blah, fucking blah. I still haven't gotten over you crippling my Titan stack IN THE SECOND TURN !!!!!

YOU RAT FUCKING BASTARD!!!

I'll get you yet my pretty...

More
02 Sep 2008 19:42 #10914 by Mr Skeletor
I am hooked on Colossus, despite the fact I am routinely getting my ass kicked.

More
02 Sep 2008 23:04 #10923 by BigLizard
Schweig! wrote:

If it keeps a few board game geeks who think they got OCD from bitching about non-matching colors or counters which might need little application of an artsy knife, then more power to them I guess.

Hahaha....a bit overly optimistic me thinks. Then again, those types may not have ordered such a game. Time will tell.

More
03 Sep 2008 01:03 #10926 by Dogmatix
Citadel wrote:

They are making good games and have good stuff in the pipeline.....but I still haven't received my generals.

Really? Wow, I really thought that one was finally sorted out. I missed out on the preorder for Hannibal, so I bought a set of the Generals on CSW from someone who had traded the game away before ever receiving them. I've just been too lazy for the judicious glue [or "green stuff" epoxy] application necessary to field 2 of them [one lost a bit of helmet, while, sadly, the other appears to have been time-warped into the French Revolution and didn't fare well on a date with Mme. Guillotine. Maybe I'll save him for the updated version of Napoleonic Wars ;) ]

More
03 Sep 2008 09:22 #10932 by Matt Thrower
Stonecutter wrote:
Perhaps you could satisfy yourself with a shiny new copy of Agricola with animeepels? I understand those are a lot easier to find and have been available a lot longer on your side of the Atlantic. [/quote]

That's why I said "kick arse-game". We get every crap game in the world here before the states does.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds