October 09, 2023
2598 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2792 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Is this where I say "hi"?

More
25 Nov 2008 10:02 #14312 by Anders Fager
Just checking out how the forum works. Hi everybody. I'm Swedish. I make games and I came here because I can't get the hang of how BGG works. Besides you guys seemed funnier.

So. What is happening here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2008 10:15 #14314 by Stephen Avery
Hiya Anders, Right place but wrong opening. It is traditional to start your introduction with a random insult to Ken Bradford. Don't worry about this breach in protocal though. I'll be happy to insult him on your behalf.

So what games have you made?

Steve"greetingcommittee"Avery

More
25 Nov 2008 10:24 #14315 by ChristopherMD
Welcome to the Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. B)

PS: I like you avatar.

More
25 Nov 2008 10:28 #14316 by Ken B.
Replied by Ken B. on topic Re:Is this where I say "hi"?
Steve *almost* has it right, but we'll excuse him as he's merely our punching bag rather than an "official" F:AT founder.

It is customary to introduce yourself, then heap as many insults at one Stephen Avery as are common in your own language. Nothing is off limits--jokes about feces and tank tops are encouraged, especially if you work in an insult that uses both.

Oh, and welcome. Hope you'll stick around and find plenty to read. In our "Recommendations" system you'll find mini-reviews from us and from our users about games, movies, books, and more. Our "Articles" and "Front Page" is a quick and easy way to see what's recent in terms of front page articles, blogs, and so on.

Our users are encouraged to keep their own blogs; you are free to write about gaming or whatever you want. If other users enjoy your blogs they can click your name and only see the stuff you've written.

Really, F:AT has grown so much, and we've picked up so many folks along the way, it's probably time to do some sort of updated FAQ or something just to let everyone know just how much stuff has been added since we launched this website ten months ago.

If you have any questions, just use the PM system and contact me, Ubarose, Michael Barnes, Mr. Skeletor, or MattDP. We also have a forum just for Bugs and Suggestions, and we've frequently acted on good ideas suggested to us by members here. I know that I personally want this to be just as much a website about our users as it is a 'feature' for our front page content.

More
25 Nov 2008 11:09 #14320 by ubarose
Hi Anders,

Glad to see you here.

You should consider signing up fo the F:AT traveling game . We are trying to send a game arond the world. So far we have the US, Mexico, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

More
25 Nov 2008 12:24 #14329 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re:Is this where I say "hi"?
Vilkoomen! Bork bork bork!

OH IT IS TO LAUGH.

Anyway, welcome aboard (pun intended--see I said, "board" there, like games. See OH IT, etc. above).

Is your avatar making fun of my avatar? Do we need some sort of avatar fight to the death? Quick, someone throw together a Flash interface for this. Perhaps some sort of e-Pog experience.

More
25 Nov 2008 13:23 #14341 by Anders Fager
I'll hold back on the insluts for now. If that is ok.

What else to say. It's the company logo. I'm way to good looking to just flash unsuspecting people. May cause divorces and sex changes and stuff. Not good.

Anyhow: the stuff I've made can be found on this page. www.gottick.com/fag/work.html

What game will you send around the world?

The only feedback so far is that there is an add staring at me every time I log on to this page. Guess that is the spot that pays best. In my face. :unsure:

More
25 Nov 2008 14:36 #14351 by DeletedUser
Replied by DeletedUser on topic Re:Is this where I say
Anders Fager wrote:

I'll hold back on the insluts for now. If that is ok.

A novel approach. But ok. ;)

The only feedback so far is that there is an add staring at me every time I log on to this page.

Given the nature of the some of the threads around here, I promise you will get some amusing ads to view. Consider it a bonus.

Welcome Anders.

More
25 Nov 2008 16:31 #14370 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re:Is this where I say
Welcome. And remember as your new lord when you get married I get to have sex with your wife first on the wedding night.

More
25 Nov 2008 16:42 #14378 by Anders Fager
Replied by Anders Fager on topic Re:Is this where I say
I've been married for ten years. So you missed your chance. Besides, you would not had survived the experience.

More
25 Nov 2008 17:03 #14383 by Deleted User 1
Welcome Anders!

Enjoy the site!

More
25 Nov 2008 17:24 #14388 by Rliyen
Replied by Rliyen on topic Re:Is this where I say "hi"?
Exccccellent! The dark side cookies we left out are having an effect!!!!

Welcome to the site, Anders!:laugh:

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds