October 09, 2023
2546 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2741 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

SHAMELESS PLUG - CHRISTMAS IN US IS SAVED!!!

More
16 Dec 2008 13:15 - 16 Dec 2008 13:16 #15407 by Anders Fager
At last. A large shipment of Gottick Games has arrived at Flying Buffalo ( flyingbuffalo.com/ ). Now you can all fill your stockings with our latest games ( www.gottick.com/prod/index.html ). We are very proud to work with Rick at FB, a true gentleman and a legendary company if there ever was one.

Now, you can all trash me for self promotion. :P
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Dec 2008 13:16 by Anders Fager.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2008 13:35 #15408 by Schweig!
What is this R.A.F game about?

And who will sue you to shreds?

We got something like freedom of speech in Germany. While they can protest and threaten to sue you for this game, no court will find you guilty. A lot of satire in Germany was left unscathed for much worse stuff.

More
16 Dec 2008 14:38 #15411 by Anders Fager
The R.A.F game is about That RAF. The one that tried to blow up Germanyw/o airplanes.

Who will sue me? Survivors, police and left wing intelectuals. A nice wide pallet. We would surely get banned from Spiel 09.

(No, offense, but Freedom of Speech? Can I express my freedom of speech in Germany by wearing a t-shirt with a certain failed austrian artist on? No. It is not just frowned upon. It is actually illegal.)

More
16 Dec 2008 15:28 - 16 Dec 2008 15:32 #15419 by Dogmatix
Picked up 1 of the 3 copies of Comrade Koba Rick had a couple of months ago; however, I have to get this RAF game. As far as banning goes, you'll probably just get lost in all the recent handwringing over the "Baader-Meinhof Complex" movie...

Unfortunately, he's not showing the RAF game as available anywhere. Did he get copies of that too?
Last edit: 16 Dec 2008 15:32 by Dogmatix.

More
16 Dec 2008 15:39 #15421 by Schweig!
Anders Fager wrote:

The R.A.F game is about That RAF. The one that tried to blow up Germany w/o airplanes.

Yeah, I know. How does the game work?

Who will sue me? Survivors, police and left wing intellectuals. A nice wide pallet. We would surely get banned from Spiel 09.

(No, offense, but Freedom of Speech? Can I express my freedom of speech in Germany by wearing a t-shirt with a certain failed Austrian artist on? No. It is not just frowned upon. It is actually illegal.)

I didn't know wearing a T-shirt with Hitler on it was illegal. That's new to me.

However, you won't be sued for publishing a satirical card game even if certain persons in the game look like certain persons still living today.

More
16 Dec 2008 15:54 - 16 Dec 2008 16:19 #15424 by Anders Fager
>How does the game work?

You build a "liga" and try to carry out "aktions" to win "media-punkte". In meanwhile you unleash the "Schweine" on the other players' ligas. The winner is the lige that can rack up most media-punkte (that is be the most on TV) before the game wins by the BRD declaring total war and wipes you all out. (The is an escalation track, use an RPG and tings escalate. The more things escalate, the harder the Bundersrepublik strikes back.)

>I didn't know wearing a T-shirt with Hitler on it was illegal. That's new to me.

Swasitkas are illiegal, too. A couple of years ago a certain wargaming company had their big Essen shipment confiskated because some swastikas on the game's boxes. The stuff got burned...

>However, you won't be sued for publishing a satirical card game even if certain persons in the game look like certain persons still living today.

Probably true. But would Spiel risk carrying a product that portrays German policemen like this?

My german partners are going bonkers over the risks with this

And from what I've learnt right now we have no more R.A.F. First run out.
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Dec 2008 16:19 by Anders Fager.

More
17 Dec 2008 00:17 #15441 by mikoyan
That sounds pretty interesting, but the Air Traffic Control game sounds more interesting.

More
17 Dec 2008 00:42 #15442 by Michael Barnes
THANK YOU ANDERS FAGERS FOR SAVING U.S. CHRISTMAS! HALLELUJAH! YOU ARE NEW SANTA KLAUS!

BUT, how dare you shill here. HAVE YOU NO SHAME MAN? Whatever happened to that deep-seated German sense of dignity and regret? This is F:AT, not some frivolous marketplace for advertising. Be sure to check out my weekly column at Gameshark.com, appearing here every Thursday!

Looks like some cool games- been wanting to get KOMRADE KOBA for a while. Nice looking layouts/designs. The RAF game sounds really interesting. Maybe when I employed again I'll hit Rick up for the lot of 'em.

There's a "Gothcon"? I thought that was all of them.

More
17 Dec 2008 07:18 #15450 by Anders Fager
>That sounds pretty interesting, but the Air Traffic Control game sounds more interesting.

Happy Landing is one of those games you either love or either the designer is very high on your "things to kill" -list. We more or less handcrafted fifty of those. Sold out.

>Whatever happened to that deep-seated German sense of dignity and regret? T

I'm Swedish. If that explains anything.

>There's a "Gothcon"? I thought that was all of them.

A lot of Swedish and German cons can vaugely be described as "goth", very much like most US cons can be described as "full of huge men in t-shirts". European cons also feature women. Real ones. ;)

More
17 Dec 2008 15:29 #15477 by Mr Skeletor
I think we should push shilling to all new hights and have Anders review his own games on the front page.

More
17 Dec 2008 16:53 #15490 by ubarose
Mr Skeletor wrote:

I think we should push shilling to all new hights and have Anders review his own games on the front page.

That's kind of the whole point of the Designer Blogs section. Go for it Anders.

More
17 Dec 2008 18:12 #15493 by Dogmatix
Anders Fager wrote:

And from what I've learnt right now we have no more R.A.F. First run out.

Argh. Any word if a reprint will happen?

More
21 Dec 2008 10:43 #15617 by jur
I bought Koba at Essen and we enjoy playing it (My favourite theme is 'useless comrades' including Kamenev and Voroshilov).

didn't see RAF over there, but otherwise would have been interested

More
21 Dec 2008 10:47 #15618 by Anders Fager
Useless comrades? You mean the guys that just "where there"?

More
21 Dec 2008 10:49 #15619 by jur
useless enough not to get executed

it must have been a survival strategy

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds