October 09, 2023
2633 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2824 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

The Ultimate Podcast Talks to Octavian

More
24 Jul 2008 23:31 #9065 by Deleted User 1

Steve talks to Octavian about the following topics:
Moderating the Forums

Discussion on why some Users don't get suspended and some do

Octavian and Steve forge a proposal for Steve's return to BGG to present to Aldie

Octavian talks about the soon to be released game "Ghost Stories"

Discussion of Role Playing Games

http://www.league-radio.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2008 13:52 - 25 Jul 2008 13:53 #9092 by Deleted User 1

He somehow attributed the site raising a lot of money to his presence there, and then he says that because only 150 users thumbed the banning decision that those are the only few people on the site in favor of his banishment.

The above quote was made by Firestone on this BGG thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/328375

I just wanted to correct the distortion made by Firestone above. I did not attribute BGG raising a lot of money to my presence there.

What I was meaning to say was that my presence on BGG did not hinder any of their fund raising efforts.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2008 13:53 by Deleted User 1.

More
25 Jul 2008 21:45 #9107 by maka
That was entertaining. As always, it's plain to see that the bannings didn't make much sense... hope you get your account back...

Loved the moderator song btw, it was hilarious.

More
26 Jul 2008 19:55 #9117 by Octavian
maka wrote:

That was entertaining. As always, it's plain to see that the bannings didn't make much sense...

When Skeletor doesn't even agree with you maybe it isn't so plain afterall...

More
26 Jul 2008 20:16 #9118 by Deleted User 1

When Skeletor doesn't even agree with you maybe it isn't so plain afterall...

Nah..Skeletor is just mad because I checkmated him on the thread about the Shocking Post. The man from down under got a taste of his own medicine and I'm afraid it didn't go down too well! :laugh:

More
26 Jul 2008 20:32 - 26 Jul 2008 20:34 #9119 by Octavian
A lovely tale, Steve, except for the fact that Skeletor's post:

fortressat.com/index.php?option=com_kune...0&limitstart=40#9056

...came 19 hours before your "checkmate":

fortressat.com/index.php?option=com_kune...0&limitstart=50#9094

You appear to have the same mastery of timelines as our Republican nominee for President.
Last edit: 26 Jul 2008 20:34 by Octavian.

More
26 Jul 2008 20:48 #9120 by Deleted User 1
I was refering to his post on the BGG thread.

You can't take anything he writes here seriously

More
26 Jul 2008 22:05 #9124 by Mr Skeletor
Steve's 'debate winning' technique involves failing to rubutt anything but rather just declaring he won and posting a funny picture.
I'm not sure what Steve's "checkmate" and frankly I don't care. Arguing with him is an A grade waste of time.

Anyone who can't figure out creating a fake account on a site where rankings and scoring are given such a heavy emphasis is pretty much the cardinal sin is an utter meathead. The End.

More
26 Jul 2008 22:29 #9125 by Deleted User 1

Anyone who can't figure out creating a fake account on a site where rankings and scoring are given such a heavy emphasis is pretty much the cardinal sin is an utter meathead. The End.

Meathead? You see folks, Skeletor is a classic example of a defeated opponent. Once they start resorting to name calling they know they have lost the debate.

Much like a bug about to be squashed, fighting back the best he can and then...

The Official End

More
28 Jul 2008 08:06 #9160 by Deleted User 1

I didn't learn much about the guest, Octavian. Opportunity wasted.
I didn't learn much about the internal workings of BGG moderation - this would have involved the host asking impartial, informative questions rather than ones loaded with his silly agenda. Opportunity wasted.

I heard a whole lot of whining about what a good boy the host was and how he should be let back on BGG. His argument consisted of complaining about other users (lame) and trying to downplay his own crimes with absolutely no reasonable argument to back it up. He had no defense except laughing it off. Made for some boring listening and not what I tuned in to hear.

I think everyone knows I'm the first to jump up in defense of people getting hit with the ban stick but with Steve it was justified. You are honestly going to claim that he is that dumb he didn't think creating a fake account to circumvent a ban was against the rules? Especially on a website that is stringent on one user = one account due to shilling being such a hot button issue? And after he did a similar thing the first time he was banned (giving Barnes his account)?

The guy had his second chance, and he blew it. Now he has to live with it and stop playing the victim when he can't even justify his actions to himself.

The above was posted on BGG by Skeletor about my podcast and once again shows his distortion of facts to prove his own (lame) point.

However, it did give me a great idea though! I think I might do a show featuring some of Skeletor's stupidest threads and let the world hear his disjointed logic.

First of all, we learned a whole lot about Octavian. If you listened to the podcast you should be able to answer these questions.

Where does Octavian live?
Octavian's favorite football team?
What does Octavian do?
What are Octavian's favorite games?
What is Octavian's theory of his own lucky nature?
Is Octavian a Trekie?
Has Octavian worn a Trek uniform?

Etc...Etc... Etc...

I realize Skeletor may be sad that he didn't learn Octavian's Astrological sign so he could possibly date Octavian but I don't run a dating service for my listeners.

As far as learning the inner workings of the BGG moderation system that is laughable. BGG itself has no clue as to how the moderation system works and the only purpose of bringing that topic up was to expose the joke it is to everyone.

Like I said the only reason I feel the need to go back on BGG is to expose the falsehoods and distortions posted by you and others.

More
28 Jul 2008 08:32 #9161 by Matt Thrower
the*mad*gamer wrote:

Octavian's favorite football team?

I haven't listened to it yet, but while it's downloading I'll just jump in and say that I seriously doubt that this is true.

Football is a game in which, oddly enough, people kick a ball around with their feet. This apparently logical appellation is accepted throughout most of the world. However the sport of football, so beloved around the globe, isn't very popular in America. So I doubt Octavian even has a favourite football team.

What is favourite American football team is, on the other hand, might well be answered in the podcast.

I'm about to find out ...

Cheers,
Matt

More
28 Jul 2008 10:23 #9168 by Schweig!
Octavian, a psychology grad student - that explains a lot. ;-)

I enjoyed the podcast. Why do people suppose you wouldn't talk about "BGG politics" when you have Octavian as a guest? I don't get it. Maybe you could have asked some more critical questions about the moderation, but then I guess you don't want to completely intimidate your guest.

Who's up next? I suggest you'll invite Mr. Skeletor a second time. Seems like you got a couple of things to discuss. :-)

More
28 Jul 2008 14:52 #9191 by Octavian
Oh I fully expected to talk about BGG politics. I didn't expect it to take up 75% of the time. But it's not my show, so whatever. I'm sure Steve knows what his audience craves more than I do.

-MMM

More
28 Jul 2008 19:18 #9207 by Mr Skeletor
the*mad*gamer wrote:

However, it did give me a great idea though! I think I might do a show featuring some of Skeletor's stupidest threads and let the world hear his disjointed logic.

The great irony of course being the fact he'll use my boards to advertise it.

More
29 Jul 2008 15:14 #9237 by Stephen Avery
Fight! Fight! Fight!

I'm going to have to come down there and drag you both to time out. Don't worry, each time out corner has some airsoft guns and a bunch of rman candles.

Steve"I am the Law"Avery

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds