October 09, 2023
2530 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2729 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Games from the Cellar Season 2!

More
06 Mar 2024 14:00 - 06 Mar 2024 14:01 #341906 by Cappster_
Sagrilarus and I invite you to join us for Season 2 of the Games from the Cellar Podcast!

We start the season with the Adventurers: the Temple of Chac, an Ameritrash game through and through. (Although Sag would like to point out that many of the best Ameritrash originate from France... so, Francotrash).

Then we explore a series of Cooperative Campaign games: the Kickstarter Darling, Adventure Tactics: Domianne's Tower, followed by the BoardGameGeek Heavyweight, Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion, and conclude with the Analog implementation of a popular Steam title, Deep Rock Galactic: the Board Game. We may or may not compare and contrast these as we go along, but ultimately, we have a clear favorite.

Summoner Wars and Air, Land, & Sea will also make an appearance, and Imperal 2030 and Rising Sun are on the horizon.

We are excited about our second Season and sincerely hope you will join us. You can find the podcast on any of your favorite podcast apps or listen directly from our website, gamesfromthecellar.com.

We know that the crew of TWBG are big supporters of the show. We would greatly appreciate it if you took the time to rate and leave a review wherever you can. (Mostly iTunes, I think, but you can also name-drop us wherever the opportunity arises) I won't ask for a 5-star review, but I'd appreciate it if you could be honest. While at it, do the same for the other TWBG crew projects: Cult of the Old, Discard for Magic, and Brainwaves. (I'm sorry if I missed others!)

Last edit: 06 Mar 2024 14:01 by Cappster_. Reason: formating
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, Gary Sax, Sagrilarus, Jexik, birdman37, sornars, Nodens, DarthJoJo, n815e

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2024 14:04 #341907 by charlest
Congrats on the second season!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Sagrilarus, Cappster_

More
07 Mar 2024 10:22 #341910 by Jackwraith
Hrm. I guess I'm feeling kind of detached here. Outside of Summoner Wars and Rising Sun, I haven't played any of the other games you mention and haven't even heard of a couple of them, which is a contrast to the first season, where I'd played most of the selections and had at least heard a lot about the couple I hadn't (Heat, etc.) Since you guys tend to not go heavily into descriptions of the actual games since you like to focus on the play, I wonder how much I can derive from that approach if I have no clue what you're actually talking about? ;)

This is the price of there being so many games out there, I guess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cappster_

More
07 Mar 2024 11:45 #341912 by Cappster_
Yeah, that string of Cooperative Campaign games broke a little bit from our usual mold.

Chris, Sam, and John played through Adventure Tactics while I was unavailable because of work.

John, Sam, Ed and I played through Gloomhaven while Chris was unavailable due to work and travel.

Then we played Deep Rock Galactic because we needed a break from Gloomhaven, and Ed and Sam were very excited about the Steam video game.

I have a feeling we will cover more of our usual stock going forward. Galaxy Trucker, a revisit of BBTM to talk about the expansion, a revisit of Unmatched to try Tales to Amaze, Wingspan (special guest Adrienne), C&C, Thunderstone, and Firefly are a few of the games that I'm hoping to get recording of this year.

I think we did a pretty decent job of briefly outlining how the games work. We had gotten feedback that that context would be useful. I hope that you have at least enough of a framework from the first segment to be able to follow along during the second.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds