October 09, 2023
2597 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2791 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

World Board Gaming Championship (WBC) - Aug 1 - 9

More
18 Jul 2009 19:01 #35460 by Sagrilarus
Lots of open gaming and games to play. If you see something you like sign it out and grab a table, and it's a pretty good bet someone will sit down to play. I had very good luck getting people to join in there last year, in spite of sitting out by the bikinis pool.

Sag.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2009 21:46 - 21 Jul 2009 17:26 #35466 by Dogmatix
I'll be up Tuesday for the auction for sure (I *will* land a copy of Victory Games' Carrier this year even if it fucking kills me). After that, I don't have plans; I'd like to roadtrip back up there for some open gaming on the weekend though. Tourney play is of zero interest for me since I just don't have enough plays of *anything* under my belt to be competitive (or enough "give a shit" to actually learn strategies for games in any other fashion than actually playing them ;) ) or, for that matter, a thick enough skin to suffer beat-down after beat-down. ;)

Maybe if Uba will come down and organize a Liebe & Intrigue tourney....
Last edit: 21 Jul 2009 17:26 by Dogmatix.

More
20 Jul 2009 10:32 #35564 by Malloc
Sagrilarus wrote:

Lots of open gaming and games to play. If you see something you like sign it out and grab a table, and it's a pretty good bet someone will sit down to play. I had very good luck getting people to join in there last year, in spite of sitting out by the bikinis pool.

Sag.

There was only 1 day where there were "distractions" at the pool. The rest of the time you may have gone blind for daring to peek and catching a Gamer out there for his morning bath.

I think the open gaming is inside this year, that tent was a huge failure, especially since it was brand new and the fumes inside could kill a large animal.

I will be there mon-sun. Probably playing ti3 in the open gaming room, most likely with a cooler full of beer next to me the whole time, and probably being louder than the average geek int he room.

-M

More
20 Jul 2009 10:44 #35568 by blarknob
board gamers are smart people why is it they can never put together a decent website for their conventions.

Seriously the website looks like it was built in 1998, it might as well be hosted on geocities. They need to pay for some real development and get a website that wasn't built by Fred Flintstone.

I wish this weren't held right before gencon, I really would love to play some competitive TI3 but I just can't get out of work for both.

More
20 Jul 2009 10:51 #35573 by Malloc
Looking at the schedule mon - wed open gaming ins in ballroom A (where the vendors are)
and then it moves to the showroom (where the auction is) for the 2nd half. That will be interesting because IRRC lighting sucks in there.

Also the lobby is posted as open gaming and they will probably have those long tables there again. If we are lucky we will get Vista's C and D again those rooms were great.

Ti3 starts at 10am Thursday in Lampeter (i assume in the back on the big round tables) there is a demo at 9.

Also remember if you are interested in playing and want to schedule an early round let me know. There are lots of good games on Thursday and so I would like to make sure I keep the number of players up by letting people play whenever they want.

-M

More
20 Jul 2009 10:53 #35574 by Malloc
blarknob wrote:

board gamers are smart people why is it they can never put together a decent website for their conventions.

Seriously the website looks like it was built in 1998, it might as well be hosted on geocities. They need to pay for some real development and get a website that wasn't built by Fred Flintstone.

I wish this weren't held right before gencon, I really would love to play some competitive TI3 but I just can't get out of work for both.

Its worth a trip up for Thursday (all you need is 1 day for ti3) we will be flying Will "fucking" Kenyon up to kick everyone's ass.

-M

More
20 Jul 2009 11:02 #35577 by blarknob
I'm too far away for it to be "one day".

More
20 Jul 2009 11:10 #35579 by Malloc
That is a Darn Shame. You will just have to re-live the event via the After Action Report.

-M

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds