October 09, 2023
2845 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2990 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Trashfest South- Avery's houseparty

More
09 Feb 2010 22:00 #55160 by Merkles
Billy, you mean you aren't bringing extra luggage for your formal wear? We are about serious business, don't you know.

(I'm only bringing carry-on, too. I never pack luggage.) Looking forward to it!

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2010 22:49 #55164 by Gary Sax
Ok, I'll try to swing in the evening of Thursday then.

More
10 Feb 2010 07:34 #55182 by billyz
Awesome.

More
10 Feb 2010 08:49 #55187 by Walterman
I am now in Georgia. The only thing still to arrive is Republic of Rome which I ordered from amazon in December (before I knew I was moving). Once I moved, it was ironic to find out the game was sitting in a warehouse in Atlanta, but by the time I got down here, it had already left for Wisconsin. Package tracking says that it is now in Illinios (after attempted delivery in Wisconsin).

Anyway, did I miss the posts that said where all this is happening? Like addresses and stuff? Being new to the area and naturally good at getting lost, that might prove useful.

Thanks,

More
10 Feb 2010 09:16 #55190 by Stephen Avery
Hiya Walterman. Welcome to GA! I've posted info sporadically and am increasing the spam err... invitations locally though the rest of this week. BTW Frank has Republic of Rome.

Thusday- Avery's Houseparty my house 5-late
Friday Richard Launius Clubhouse 10-late
Saturday- Mercer Gamesday 2- late
Sunday - Swamp Deathmarch Frank's House 12-whenever

Send me your email and I'll forward the details. That goes for any other local who wants to come.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

BTW You may want to join some of the local gaming mailing lists. Many of these were started by Ward Batty who organizes periodic gamefests and used to own a game store in the area. There are others but these are the lists I commonly post to:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (mostly defunct now)

Steve"amsterPlanner"Avery

More
10 Feb 2010 12:56 #55223 by Pat II
You guys suck...really pissed I couldn't make it. Have fun boys!

More
10 Feb 2010 17:11 #55273 by billyz
Yeah, it would have been nice to have a fellow Montrealer to speak French with and befuddle the Yanks.

On the plus side you won't see me get my ass kicked in Crokinole by Frank Branham.

More
12 Feb 2010 08:19 #55419 by Merkles
Snow? SNOW? In Atlanta! :) I had been hoping for a break from the white stuff (considering we've had nearly 3 feet of the stuff constantly since December).

I can just imagine how Georgians drive in the snow. I guess it is no margaritas but hot buttered rum we'll be looking forward to...

More
12 Feb 2010 08:55 #55420 by billyz
Hahaha! I can't wait to have the Southerners tell us about how cold it was when it "hit 25 degrees last week." As a matter of fact, I wonder how they'd react to the -22 Farenheit (windchill included) nights we had up here a week or so back.

More
12 Feb 2010 11:12 #55431 by Merkles
Ha! I laugh at your -22 and raise you -30 (without windchill) for this winter

More
12 Feb 2010 11:31 #55435 by Gary Sax
Looking forward to getting my game on next week. Good times.

More
12 Feb 2010 11:49 #55437 by billyz
Gary Sax wrote:

Looking forward to getting my game on next week. Good times.

Ditto.

I think we got that beat Paul... but I'm not sure. Gotta love Montrealers: we brag and complain about the weather all year round.

More
12 Feb 2010 14:54 #55453 by Stephen Avery
Just so you guys won't be homesick, I've shifted weather patterns to give ATL a blast of frosty winter.

Right now is cruch week. I've gone grocery shopping and am planning my butt off. its all coming togehter nicely though.

My last big surprise- Jason Lutes is sending down a copy of his prototype:
Thrilling Tales of Adventure! I am super stoked about this. I've read the rules and it looks really great. Length may be an issue but we'll see.

Zev has a bunch of other protoypes as well and Launius has a few unpublished games we can take for a test drive (Alien Incursion being my top pick-)
We have more games than time to play so I'm going to have to keep you guys hopping.

Steve"Pulp Villian"Avery

More
12 Feb 2010 15:03 #55454 by Dr. Mabuse
Stephen Avery wrote:

My last big surprise- Jason Lutes is sending down a copy of his prototype:
Thrilling Tales of Adventure! I am super stoked about this. I've read the rules and it looks really great. Length may be an issue but we'll see.

Zev has a bunch of other protoypes as well and Launius has a few unpublished games we can take for a test drive (Alien Incursion being my top pick-)
We have more games than time to play so I'm going to have to keep you guys hopping.

Steve"Pulp Villian"Avery

Okay that is fucking it! I want this thread to be locked. This is utter bullshit!

(goes back to usual sulk corner and sobs uncontrollably)

More
12 Feb 2010 15:16 #55455 by Michael Barnes
I'm not sure if I'm going to have much gaming time to spend with you out of towners...both Launius and Avery live like an hour away (not including traffic) from me and I'm not keen on leaving my wife at home with a month-old baby for all day and night. Plus, with work thursday and friday the best I could do would be to drive out, make it there at 8, and then have to leave at 11.

Saturday at Mercer is possible, or possibly Swamp Castle sunday.

But we'll see. I want to meet up with you guys!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds