October 09, 2023
2553 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2752 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

F:AT UK meetup 2nd try

More
24 Jan 2010 13:47 #53702 by southernman
Schweig! wrote:

Well, that's a real pity.

We'd probably have to wait until March, when Tom (hopefully) and Matt are allowed to leave the house again. That's also the last month I'm in London.

I try and see who I can meet in February.

If a meet-up gets arranged in London (not too deep into the congestion zone and lack of parking) for a long day of gaming then I would probably be able to drive in and back home when it finishes - hell, could even pick up Adrian on the way. It's just the pesky location problem, especially when a lot of the games we like need lots of table space.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2010 14:21 #53706 by jur
Replied by jur on topic Re:F:AT UK meetup 2nd try
Okay, Schweig. As far as I'm concerned, we're on for Saturday 6th of February. Anyone that wants to jump on the bandwagon is welcome. Considering that most people from outside London have indicated they can't make it anyway, let's try and find a place in London.

Why not a pub? Or is there a central public library? Doesn't the Marxist student club have a society building. We might even engage in some interesting ideological discussion with the audience.
We only really need a table, and we can try to fit our game to the circumstances.

I'll also see if I can get you some music that might be of interest to you. I check your Lastfm playlist

cheers

Jur

More
24 Jan 2010 14:38 #53707 by Schweig!
Replied by Schweig! on topic Re:F:AT UK meetup 2nd try
@ Tom

If Matt knows a place in Bath, would you be willing to travel there?

@ Jur

I was browsing some London game clubs recently and they all play in pubs. I'll try and find a gamer friendly pub. Maybe Mezike knows one?

There's also a large group meeting room at my uni which is open until 8 pm every day - I have to check if we could use that. QMUL doesn't even have a Marxist club (not enough members, needs 20), I'm part of the ULU Marxist facebook group, but too lazy and cheap to go to ULU, so I have in fact never attended a single meeting; might as well check it out next week ... oh, and I haven't scrobbled any songs to last.fm in like five days, because I screwed up my Windows OS and fiddled around with the codecs on my Linux OS so that I now can't play any mp3s. D'oh!

More
24 Jan 2010 15:35 #53711 by southernman
Schweig! wrote:

@ Tom

If Matt knows a place in Bath, would you be willing to travel there?

@ Jur

I was browsing some London game clubs recently and they all play in pubs. I'll try and find a gamer friendly pub. Maybe Mezike knows one?

There's also a large group meeting room at my uni which is open until 8 pm every day - I have to check if we could use that. QMUL doesn't even have a Marxist club (not enough members, needs 20), I'm part of the ULU Marxist facebook group, but too lazy and cheap to go to ULU, so I have in fact never attended a single meeting; might as well check it out next week ... oh, and I haven't scrobbled any songs to last.fm in like five days, because I screwed up my Windows OS and fiddled around with the codecs on my Linux OS so that I now can't play any mp3s. D'oh!

Bath is even more lacking of space than London so I don't think we'll be playing many large boardgames there, as far as I know Matt plays smaller games at his local pub (Bath is a lot closer than London so that is not a problem).

More
24 Jan 2010 16:21 #53712 by Notahandle
Jur wrote:
" let's try and find a place in London. ...Or is there a central public library?"
There's one in Charing Cross Road, near Leicester Square. But:-

Southernman wrote: " (not too deep into the congestion zone and lack of parking)"
Something at Ealing Broadway might work.

Southernman wrote:
" Bath is even more lacking of space than London"
We once discovered that the travel time from Didcot to Bath equals the amount of time it takes to get from the edge of Bath to the town centre.

More
24 Jan 2010 17:58 #53715 by southernman
Notahandle wrote:

Southernman wrote:
" Bath is even more lacking of space than London"
We once discovered that the travel time from Didcot to Bath equals the amount of time it takes to get from the edge of Bath to the town centre.

Yep. But when I was there last week Matt told me about the back way in and out which was quicker when I left, but I suspect that even the public car parks may be full on a weekend.

Venue is the problem for Bath or London, finding one that we can play a decent size game in and that is open for more than just an afternoon - I'm not keen to go travelling just to play one game and then leave.

More
24 Jan 2010 18:26 #53716 by Schweig!
Replied by Schweig! on topic Re:F:AT UK meetup 2nd try
We can, of course, do something different in the evening, too.

Schweig! wrote:

[...] fiddled around with the codecs on my Linux OS so that I now can't play any mp3s. D'oh!

Fixed it. ;)

More
25 Jan 2010 14:56 #53802 by jur
Replied by jur on topic Re:F:AT UK meetup 2nd try
If we can have a place between noon and 8 pm or so, I think we can have a worthwhile day and play most games we can think of. And I'm happy enough to skip to a pub afterwards and play some stuff that caters to our AT interest but takes up less space.

And anyone that wants to join in on the 7th is welcome too. that's between noon and 6 pm near Chrystal Palace (Anerley railway Station).

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds