October 09, 2023
2532 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2729 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

FS: Descent 1st Edition Lot

More
03 Feb 2024 12:47 - 03 Feb 2024 12:47 #341702 by hotseatgames
I'm planning on putting my collection of Descent: Journeys In the Dark 1st edition on eBay. The only thing holding me back is that I don't possess a box big enough to ship this monstrosity. While I try to find a box, I figured I'd see if anyone here is interested in having it before I put it on eBay. I haven't determined a price yet. It will not be cheap but on this site it will be much less than it will be on eBay.

I have pretty much everything but Sea of Blood:
  • The coffin box with all tokens and cards in 3 different Plano containers inside, along with partially painted miniatures (some heroes, all skeletons, all beast men, some other random enemies)
  • Tomb of Ice, Altar of Despair, Well of Darkness, Road to Legend, ALL in original boxes
  • The Quest Compendium book, signed by Kevin Wilson

I was a huge nerd for this game back in the day, and it was the first "designer" game I ever got. It has a lot of sentimental value, but I know I will never play it again, and it is a space hog.

Also, if you have suggestions on where to get a box big enough for classic FFG games, I'm all ears.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2024 12:47 by hotseatgames.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, ChristopherMD, sornars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2024 12:49 #341703 by Gary Sax
I've had to go to the UPS store to get huge boxes and actually buy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, hotseatgames, sornars

More
04 Feb 2024 08:58 #341710 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic FS: Descent 1st Edition Lot
I remember when I sold of TI3 I had to create a box out of two smaller boxes and a mass of packing tape. Fuck coffin boxes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
04 Feb 2024 15:18 #341713 by southernman
Where are all your Kickstarter boxes :laugh: ?
As for pricing use eBay and check the 'Completed items' box to see that they have and haven't been selling for.
And/or do what I often do, especially if you're not in a big hurry to move it - stick a price you'd be really happy to sell them for as a Buy it Now price and then set the Make an Offer option to see what buyers may offer (and if you do get offers there's nothing wrong with sending a counter offer back to them)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, hotseatgames, sornars

More
06 Feb 2024 09:21 #341726 by SebastianBludd
Definitely check completed auctions. Parting out the miniatures separately might be an option - I just got $100 for the minis from a ding and dent copy of 2016 Doom, where I probably would have only gotten about $20 for the game in its condition - but I understand not wanting to destroy the game while selling it.

I don't remember the dimensions on the coffin boxes but a monitor box might be large enough. Otherwise Walmart sells large shipping boxes - 18" x 24" possibly, I don't remember - that can be cut down to size.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
06 Feb 2024 09:49 #341727 by Virabhadra

Msample wrote: I remember when I sold of TI3 I had to create a box out of two smaller boxes and a mass of packing tape. Fuck coffin boxes.

They're called "coffin boxes" because you're going to die with them!
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, Rliyen, Gary Sax, ChristopherMD, Msample

More
06 Feb 2024 10:55 #341728 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic FS: Descent 1st Edition Lot

SebastianBludd wrote:
I don't remember the dimensions on the coffin boxes but a monitor box might be large enough. Otherwise Walmart sells large shipping boxes - 18" x 24" possibly, I don't remember - that can be cut down to size.

I just measured my original RUNEWARS. Its roughly 24" L x 12" W x 4" H

More
06 Feb 2024 11:10 #341729 by hotseatgames

SebastianBludd wrote: Definitely check completed auctions. Parting out the miniatures separately might be an option - I just got $100 for the minis from a ding and dent copy of 2016 Doom, where I probably would have only gotten about $20 for the game in its condition - but I understand not wanting to destroy the game while selling it.

I'll go the complete route first, if that doesn't work I'll try parting it out. I just don't want to invest a ton of time and effort.

More
06 Feb 2024 11:19 #341730 by Cappster_
I would also suggest the BoardGameExchange subreddit.

reddit.com/r/boardgameexchange

I've had a lot of success moving things there that I might not have otherwise been able to sell. (and buy!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus, hotseatgames

More
06 Feb 2024 11:46 #341731 by Ah_Pook
Replied by Ah_Pook on topic FS: Descent 1st Edition Lot
I'm curious to see how much you list it for here, though I don't think there's a realistic price that would tempt be tbh ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, hotseatgames

More
11 Feb 2024 11:57 #341760 by themothman421
I can offer no advice for the box situation, but I’ve always been interested in this game, having played a bit of 2nd edition and demoing the most recent incarnation at my FLGS last year. Curious to see what the price is for sure.

Coincidentally I bought Ah_Pook’s Arkham Horror collection a while back and I thought THAT was a lot of boxes, so I can only imagine the cardboard needed for this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ah_Pook

More
14 Feb 2024 14:54 #341782 by jason10mm
I have almost all of Descent 1st in a tupperware box thing that can stack on itself and clip together, takes 3, maybe 4 of them to hold most everything. Tackle boxes with little subdivided trays are great for chit/counter heavy wargames.

Was able to get all of Runebound 2e into just 2 of the square large boxes. Same with all of AH IIRC, maybe three due to all the boards.

Game collapsibility is a big trigger for my OCD to complete the series as it doesn't impact shelf space, it only hurts when the game boxes have good artwork (like the old FFG games) that are a shame to throw away or really useful inserts that eat up all the dead space that could be used for expansions.

Downside is these amassed games+expansions weigh a TON and shipping would be brutal. When I really need to clean out my inventory, usually look to local game cons or FLGS sales days for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample, hotseatgames

More
18 Feb 2024 19:04 #341809 by hotseatgames
Okay, I have procured a box big enough to ship this monstrosity... and there is some room left over which allows me to throw in some bonus stuff. This will not affect the freight because this bitch is going dimensional.

I'm asking $325 plus whatever it costs to ship from the 45840 zip code. USPS probably puts this anywhere from $71 to $172! UPS starts out at $41 but quickly gets ridiculous, so I'm willing to do whatever gets it out the door cheapest. If you are in Ohio or nearby we can maybe even work out other arrangements.

I'll give this a week and then list it on eBay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cappster_

More
23 Feb 2024 09:17 #341829 by hotseatgames
This is going back on eBay on Sunday, if there is a price that would excite you, feel free to message me an offer. No harm done otherwise, I fully realize the audience for this one is narrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Gary Sax, sornars

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds