October 09, 2023
2614 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2810 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome: Agricola vs Zombies!!!

More
03 Apr 2013 00:33 - 03 Apr 2013 00:34 #149421 by Black Barney
If you send over Ken B. to our side, we will desist in further attacks upon your group.

You have 4 of your hours to decide.

...btw, neither are fun to play
Last edit: 03 Apr 2013 00:34 by Black Barney.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2013 01:03 #149423 by ChristopherMD

MattLoter wrote: Joyless wanker?!?! I challenge you to a party duel sir!

Sure. We can have a tea party and sip some earl grey over a quiet game of Le Havre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

More
03 Apr 2013 01:16 #149425 by SuperflyPete
We're all friends here.

I suggest we set up a game of Agricola, but on each turn, you get to place zombies on your opponents farm instead of taking a farm animal. Pens keep the zombies contained, but once a zombie reaches your house, you start losing family members.

More
03 Apr 2013 01:24 #149426 by Black Barney
can I plant crops that will protect the house by attacking the zombies?

More
03 Apr 2013 01:56 #149430 by Dogmatix

SuperflyTNT wrote: We're all friends here.

I suggest we set up a game of Agricola, but on each turn, you get to place zombies on your opponents farm instead of taking a farm animal. Pens keep the zombies contained, but once a zombie reaches your house, you start losing family members.

I'd play that game.

Fuck, I should *kickstart* that game....

More
03 Apr 2013 13:20 #149444 by the_jake_1973

Dogmatix wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote: We're all friends here.

I'd play that game.

Fuck, I should *kickstart* that game....

Blood Farm?

More
03 Apr 2013 13:46 #149446 by SuperflyPete
The Walking Wood?

More
03 Apr 2013 15:55 #149467 by ChristopherMD
Left 2 Farm ?

More
03 Apr 2013 16:19 #149470 by the_jake_1973
The Walking Dead - Season 2?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dogmatix, Black Barney

More
03 Apr 2013 22:34 - 03 Apr 2013 22:40 #149507 by Dogmatix

Mad Dog wrote: Left 2 Farm ?

We HAVE a WINNNNNER!

It has the extra added bonus of opening me up to being sued by Valve in addition to Lookout when I shamelessly rip off as much of their IP as I can while screaming "fair use!!" all over the internets.

Now *that* would be a quality project. (I guess I could just go the Mayday route and call it "Expansion for Popular Farming Game Based on Popular Zombie Videogame". It's actually almost worth it since anything Agricola related appears to be a license to print money. An Agricola-related kickstarter might allow for Scrooge McDuck-like swan-dives into the piles of cash... I *do* have $65k worth of student loans still hanging around....)
Last edit: 03 Apr 2013 22:40 by Dogmatix.

More
04 Apr 2013 00:33 #149520 by wadenels

Dogmatix wrote:

Mad Dog wrote: Left 2 Farm ?

We HAVE a WINNNNNER!

It has the extra added bonus of opening me up to being sued by Valve in addition to Lookout when I shamelessly rip off as much of their IP as I can while screaming "fair use!!" all over the internets.

Now *that* would be a quality project. (I guess I could just go the Mayday route and call it "Expansion for Popular Farming Game Based on Popular Zombie Videogame". It's actually almost worth it since anything Agricola related appears to be a license to print money. An Agricola-related kickstarter might allow for Scrooge McDuck-like swan-dives into the piles of cash... I *do* have $65k worth of student loans still hanging around....)

Hey I've got some loan debt too, can I get in on this? I'm a pretty revolutionary idea man. For example, here are some freebies:

* A dozen or so unique zombie sculpts that can be combined or decombined at as many price points as possible. We'll promise even more sculpts if our valued customers decide to throw obscene amounts of money our way. That will help us create even more price points and really target the consumer in a meaningful way.
* Keep the final game rules in "final development" until we've got everyone's money. Then we can be game designers, rules writers, and paid playtesters; we're sure to catch any potential faults or ambiguities this way.
* We're going to need an expansion right out of the gate. I see no reason we shouldn't be able to ship the expansion with the base game on day one. We'll have to charge extra for the expansion, but that's how expansions work.

I'm waffling a bit on whether we should get the game to distributors before we bother getting it to our backers, because getting it to our backers sounds like a lot of shipping and details and stuff, and logistics is hard.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds