October 09, 2023
2553 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2752 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
14 Nov 2018 14:37 #286156 by Legomancer

CranBerries wrote:

Ah_Pook wrote: It's a race game based on deck building, designed by Reiner Knizia. Rock solid lighter game with an interesting twist on the way the market works in a deck builder.

Holy moly, it's a well-rated Knizia deckbuilder race game with glorious Ravensburger components! I'm glad that some parasite bought every single $15 copy and is reselling them for $30 now, or I'd have to explain this purchase to my wife.

why do u hate entrepreneurs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, SaMoKo, Vysetron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2018 15:21 #286160 by Vysetron
Bought a few things on the MM holiday/clearance sale. Mostly gifts for folks. But I did get something for myself because I like trying divisive things and I'm a glutton for punishment.

Plus it was only $8. What could possibly go wrong?

More
14 Nov 2018 16:23 #286167 by Erik Twice
It is a very solid game, so you are certainly not going wrong at all. I've only played it once, so I can't comment much but it's like Diplomacy speed, except it doesn't have simulatenous movement. Very interesting game, if fragille.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vysetron

More
14 Nov 2018 16:45 #286171 by stoic

Vysetron wrote: Bought a few things on the MM holiday/clearance sale. Mostly gifts for folks. But I did get something for myself because I like trying divisive things and I'm a glutton for punishment.

Plus it was only $8. What could possibly go wrong?

Trust me, when trying to learn the game, you'll need the original EON Borderlands rules to figure out the badly written FFG Gearworld rules.

boardgamegeek.com/filepage/2045/borderlandsrulespdf
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erik Twice, Vysetron

More
14 Nov 2018 17:01 #286173 by Erik Twice
It's true. One of the reasons I haven't brought it to the table is that I'm not sure I fully understand the rules.

More
14 Nov 2018 17:07 #286174 by Michael Barnes
Ha ha, Demetri is going to show up wearing a top hat with a bunch of brass Home Depot doodads hotglued to it.

It’s an interesting game. Definitely not like Cosmic or Dune.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vysetron

More
14 Nov 2018 18:09 #286180 by SuperflyPete
I just got Lost Expedition, based solely on the 2P and art. Reminds me of Ferox, kind of.

Wish I still had Ferox.

More
14 Nov 2018 18:51 #286182 by WadeMonnig
M.U.L.E the board game finally down to 14.00 at MM on the black Friday sale. That's throwing money at nostalgia price, isn't it?

More
14 Nov 2018 18:54 - 14 Nov 2018 18:55 #286183 by stoic

SuperflyTNT wrote: I just got Lost Expedition, based solely on the 2P and art. Reminds me of Ferox, kind of.

Wish I still had Ferox.

Did you see that this game is being reimplemented to Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth?

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Nov 2018 18:55 by stoic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look, engineer Al

More
14 Nov 2018 19:02 #286184 by Michael Barnes
MULE used to be like $100 I think. Wow.

MM is doing a "round 2" sale next Friday- some really good stuff on it, actually. If Runebound 3rd edition is cheap enough I might try it, you guys keep chattering about it.

I haven't fooled with Lost Expedition because of the Judge Dredd thing...worth waiting for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
15 Nov 2018 09:15 #286198 by charlest
MULE sucks, don't buy it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike, WadeMonnig

More
15 Nov 2018 11:08 #286208 by Sagrilarus
I have preordered SpaceCorp from Miniature Market. It's $13 cheaper than the P500 price delivered, as shipping from GMT is salty as hell. $19 for this one game. I was in on the P500 but my credit card was replaced over the summer so my order with GMT didn't go through. Miniature Market is cheaper and likely will arrive just a few days later.

So, the P500 has charged cards, but the games haven't been shipped yet because GMT has a thousand-game backlog from their monster sale two weeks ago. As one might expect, the small staff is doing their best to plow through the backlog but it's going to take time. In the meantime SpaceCorp was one great big pre-pub (a couple of thousand orders I believe) and many of its purchasers are first-timers to P500. They're on the Internet complaining that GMT is not communicating well and that they don't have their shipping notice yet. Well, that's because the staff is packing and shipping orders instead!

These are the same people that pay two years up front for games on Kickstarter, worried that their copy of SpaceCorp, that not one person has received, has been overlooked.

Veteran GMT pre-pubbers are telling everyone to calm the hell down.

There's a part of me that just wants to get into one of these threads and say, "my copy from Miniature Market just arrived!" and watch the fur fly. But alas, I have scruples.

So that's the only game I've purchased and I hope for it to arrive by Christmas. As best I can tell the game won't be any better or worse if it arrives four weeks from now, and I don't really expect anyone in my gaming group to show up with a copy before I have mine. Or ever for that matter. I intend to sit at the far end of the same table playing this while they're playing Scythe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, allismom3, lj1983

More
15 Nov 2018 13:01 #286211 by jpat
A good portion of the people clamoring about it being a month late will have forgotten about it a month after shipment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Jackwraith, lj1983

More
15 Nov 2018 14:05 #286212 by SuperflyPete

stoic wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote: I just got Lost Expedition, based solely on the 2P and art. Reminds me of Ferox, kind of.

Wish I still had Ferox.

Did you see that this game is being reimplemented to Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth?

I have now, and I kind of have to own that

More
15 Nov 2018 15:06 #286216 by stoic

Sagrilarus wrote: I have preordered SpaceCorp from Miniature Market. It's $13 cheaper than the P500 price delivered, as shipping from GMT is salty as hell. $19 for this one game. I was in on the P500 but my credit card was replaced over the summer so my order with GMT didn't go through. Miniature Market is cheaper and likely will arrive just a few days later.

So, the P500 has charged cards, but the games haven't been shipped yet because GMT has a thousand-game backlog from their monster sale two weeks ago. As one might expect, the small staff is doing their best to plow through the backlog but it's going to take time. In the meantime SpaceCorp was one great big pre-pub (a couple of thousand orders I believe) and many of its purchasers are first-timers to P500. They're on the Internet complaining that GMT is not communicating well and that they don't have their shipping notice yet. Well, that's because the staff is packing and shipping orders instead!

These are the same people that pay two years up front for games on Kickstarter, worried that their copy of SpaceCorp, that not one person has received, has been overlooked.

Veteran GMT pre-pubbers are telling everyone to calm the hell down.

There's a part of me that just wants to get into one of these threads and say, "my copy from Miniature Market just arrived!" and watch the fur fly. But alas, I have scruples.

So that's the only game I've purchased and I hope for it to arrive by Christmas. As best I can tell the game won't be any better or worse if it arrives four weeks from now, and I don't really expect anyone in my gaming group to show up with a copy before I have mine. Or ever for that matter. I intend to sit at the far end of the same table playing this while they're playing Scythe.

I ordered mine a few months ago also from MM because of the shipping costs too. I'm looking forward to this game. It will be interesting to see whether it's complete as a game if you choose to play only one of the three eras and it will also be interesting to see how play in each era carries over to the next. Did you read the Spacecorp novel? Is it any good? I haven't gotten it yet because I think it's too expensive on Kindle and should have included all of them for the price.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds