October 09, 2023
2635 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2825 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Skeletor's Game Budget takes a Hit!

More
01 Jun 2011 13:37 #97326 by SuperflyPete
I've used outlandishly profane words directed at a cop, he warned me to watch my mouth and I told him his retarded looking mirrored aviators would help me if he'd get on his knees (he was a tall man....).

Nothing came of it, just as nothing will come of this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2011 13:46 #97329 by Black Barney

This guy sounds like a drama queen. Sydney supposedly has the highest gay population outside of San Fran and we don't have much of a religious right here, so if he wasn't accepted it's probably more to do with him being a knob.

Ok you're probably right. Thanks for clearing that up.

The guy is spot on, Abouriginals have gone backwards in this country over the last 30 years thanks to the promotion of victimhood mentality and retarded governments.

I'm almost afraid to ask but then what alternative would you suggest? Aboriginals have the right to go ass backwards if they want, no? Are you stipulating that governments are NOW retarded for protecting their rights and interests instead of destroying families? Mea culpa that Canada basically just wiped them out but regardless of the problems of aboriginals, I think Aussie's old solution wasn't exactly kosher.

Wait, so swearing isn't illegal in your country?

No, I'm almost positive it isn't.

So If I'm in court I can tell the judge/police officer/victim to go fuck themselves and I can't be charged?

You'll get in trouble for disrespecting the police officer or being in contempt of court. It's not the swearing that it illegal, it's the verbal abuse. If a police officer asks me a question and I respond "fock if I know", i'm not in trouble (especially if I mispell fock like that). You can probably let a swear or to slide in court too as long as you don't pull a Larry Flynt.

A jackass can stand infront of a school with a megaphone and start singing "The fucking cat's back" and no one could do anything to stop him?

Depends what you mean. Yes, he's allowed to do that. you're not allowed to use violence to stop him or anything but the school would tell him to leave and eventually have to call police to remove him by force for being on their property or whatever.

How can you take your kids to see a sports game if the people around you are allowed to act like ferals?

Only idiots take their kids (in my opinion) to sports games in the States where the violence and drinking is OFF THE CHARTS. In Canada, a hockey game is a family event. In the hockey games I've been to in the States (Boston, Tampa, etc), i would NEVER bring my child to that environment. The bloodlust is off the charts.

I have no problem with this law, nor the change to make it an on the spot fine (better than clogging the courts.)

You're more of a social conservative than me then. I value many of my freedoms perhaps more than you.

More
01 Jun 2011 15:15 - 01 Jun 2011 15:16 #97335 by wice

Black Barney wrote: Only idiots take their kids (in my opinion) to sports games in the States where the violence and drinking is OFF THE CHARTS. In Canada, a hockey game is a family event. In the hockey games I've been to in the States (Boston, Tampa, etc), i would NEVER bring my child to that environment. The bloodlust is off the charts.

The same with football* in Hungary. The fans are completely crazy here, each team's fans hate the other teams' fans. If there's no violence (and, usually, arson) after the event, it's not considered to be a proper football game. Definitely not child-friendly. (Interesting fact: Hungary currently has the worst football teams in the world. On the rare occassions, when a Hungarian team beats the Eskimo Benchwarmers or somesuch, the capital is dressed in national colors and everyone gets a holiday and free beer.)

* For US heathens: I mean the game that's actually played with a ball, using only the player's feet (and head, occassionally), not the one you call football, where the players use their hands to pass around an egg, and which, therefore, should be called handegg.
Last edit: 01 Jun 2011 15:16 by wice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
01 Jun 2011 15:40 #97336 by Black Barney
Canadian handegg is less exciting cuz there's an extra 10 yards and only 3 downs. Also the best quarterback in the entire league gets paid something like $70k, lol.

More
01 Jun 2011 16:26 #97338 by ubarose

Mr Skeletor wrote: A jackass can stand infront of a school with a megaphone and start singing "The fucking cat's back" and no one could do anything to stop him?

In my town the jackasses would get busted for about 4-6 local ordinances before they have to resort to the public decency laws - disturbing the peace, tresspass on school property, creating a public nuisance, violating the noise ordinance, disorderly conduct, loitering. He could be fined seperately for each violation and if he still didn't stop, he could be arrested.

More
01 Jun 2011 18:21 #97343 by southernman
All you Yanks thinking this is conservative and restrictive have been brainwashed by your freedom of speech ammendment or whatever the fuck it is and probably think it is nearly as bad as having commie pinkoes in your community - most civilised countries have laws about gratuitous swearing (like most civilised countries don't have the death penalty), it's illegal in the UK where it's called breach of the peace or something like that.

Perhaps if you want a country/region to laugh at how about New York banning smoking in its parks - great for us non-smokers but a whole lot fucking funnier/stranger than trying to keep a bit of decency in public areas.

More
01 Jun 2011 18:31 #97344 by Black Barney
disagree ftw

One is free speech, the other is preventing second-hand smoke (proven to be dangerous) from entering innocent people's lungs. Innocent ears can handle hearing fuck.

More
01 Jun 2011 18:34 #97345 by SuperflyPete
Depends on the circumstance, too. My buddy was arrested for posession, distribution and cultivation of pot and when the cops busted him he was sitting there laughing about it. He had a box full of roaches that weighed over an ounce and a sad little thing that could hardly be construed as a plant; more of a stick in dirt.

Long story short he sold a dime bag to a dude who was a paid informant and made my buddy sound like Rick Ross or something.

Anyhow, the cops asked him what was so funny and he replied that he can't imagine needing 20 cops to "take down" a disabled vet with no priors and no actual saleable pot. The cop asked him how he knew they weren't looking over his shoulder and he replied (and I quote...NO OFFENSE, NOT MY WORDS): "I think I'd notice if four dickheads with the same faggoty-ass haircut were standing behind me." He then told them that they should go back to fucking their fists in the police station bathroom.

Suffice to say he got hit on posession but the rest were dropped. No mention of "disorderly conduct". In the States you can say whatever you want provided you're in a private residence. Like I said before, I've told a couple of douchebag cops shit that would make Popeye's evil twin blush, and nothing came of it. Of course I was the one who called the cops and after being told that they couldn't do shit in both cases, I let them know how "unappreciative" I was.

More
01 Jun 2011 18:41 #97347 by southernman

Black Barney wrote: disagree ftw

One is free speech, the other is preventing second-hand smoke (proven to be dangerous) from entering innocent people's lungs. Innocent ears can handle hearing fuck.

Second-hand smoke at how many parts per trillion in a breezy central park - methinks you may have had a little too much smoke of anotehr kind in your life to-date.

But can your child's ears (in a few years time) handle hearing 'hey you cock sucking little cunt, how did you go with that hot fucking ho' last night, did ya give her arse a good fucking reaming ....' as you're sitting in your free-speech public park having a family picnic ?

More
01 Jun 2011 19:05 #97351 by Black Barney
Southernman, parts per trillion? Really? First of all, I agree that banning smoking in parks is silly. that being said, many a time I have inhaled FULL breaths of cigarette smoke or, worse, cigar smoke in a park. It's brutal and almost made me vomit. I'm an ex-smoker and have emphysema now too so it's especially bad for me to be around that stuff. Obviously if someone smokes at the other end of a park, it doesn't affect me (enter your parts-per-trillion fun robust fact), but if they are walking in front of me, I can identify what they're smoking cuz I'm fucking smoking it too

Swearing around a bunch of kids is impolite but not illegal. Kids can handle stuff like that if guided properly by their parents anyway.

More
01 Jun 2011 19:24 #97352 by southernman

Black Barney wrote: Swearing around a bunch of kids is impolite but not illegal. Kids can handle stuff like that if guided properly by their parents anyway.

As I said, completely brain-washed by the land of the free and home of the brave's treasured free speech - and if you can consider the shit language I gave as an example as impolite then I'm glad I don't have to put up with your society. Fuck - I've never smoked in my life and my mother died a slow death from emphysema but I'm not that fucking stupid that I'd consider smoking in outdoor parks as worse than keeping a bit of decency left in this fucked up world.

The only reason I agree with the outside smoking ban is for the environmental aspect - cigarette butts are a fucking disgrace of the 20th/21st century, along with plastic bags and chewing gum.

More
01 Jun 2011 19:26 - 01 Jun 2011 19:27 #97353 by ubarose

Southernman wrote: All you Yanks thinking this is conservative and restrictive have been brainwashed by your freedom of speech ammendment or whatever the fuck it is and probably think it is nearly as bad as having commie pinkoes in your community - most civilised countries have laws about gratuitous swearing (like most civilised countries don't have the death penalty), it's illegal in the UK where it's called breach of the peace or something like that.

Most places in the US have public decency laws that cover swearing. These are usually municipal ordinances, rather than state or federal laws. They just usually aren't enforced in any kind of even or regular manner. Recently one of the towns near me decided to start enforcing the town ordinance against swearing in the high school in an attempt to reduce the use of offensive language. Kids were getting $100 tickets for swearing on public town property (i.e. the school). It was a big huge controversy.
Last edit: 01 Jun 2011 19:27 by ubarose.

More
01 Jun 2011 19:37 - 01 Jun 2011 19:38 #97354 by southernman

ubarose wrote:

Southernman wrote: All you Yanks thinking this is conservative and restrictive have been brainwashed by your freedom of speech ammendment or whatever the fuck it is and probably think it is nearly as bad as having commie pinkoes in your community - most civilised countries have laws about gratuitous swearing (like most civilised countries don't have the death penalty), it's illegal in the UK where it's called breach of the peace or something like that.

Most places in the US have public decency laws that cover swearing. These are usually municipal ordinances, rather than state or federal laws. They just usually aren't enforced in any kind of even or regular manner. Recently one of the towns near me decided to start enforcing the town ordinance against swearing in the high school in an attempt to reduce the use of offensive language. Kids were getting $100 tickets for swearing on public town property (i.e. the school). It was a big huge controversy.

My point is well and truly proven then - as opposed to all your anecdotes, experiences, and opinions, over here police in the UK do enforce it (and will use it specifically to help clear out drunken mobs etc..) plus the evidence of Frank agreeing with what a main Aussie state is doing.
Last edit: 01 Jun 2011 19:38 by southernman.

More
01 Jun 2011 19:43 #97355 by Black Barney
I don't follow the whole brain-washing line of thinking tho.

I don't live in the States or anything but it's hard not to have a ton of respect for how much they value their freedom of speech and fight to keep it.

I also don't really see the big deal about bad language.

More
01 Jun 2011 19:49 #97357 by SuperflyPete
But let's not forget something that is overlooked: The 1st amendment provides individuals cover from the government and states in spouting off ignorant shit, but it does NOT provide cover from other citizens screaming at you for doing it.

People tend to believe that the first amendment protects them from everyone; it does not. Just the government. People that curse loudly in public disgust me, and that's saying a bunch from a guy like me. There's a time and place for everything.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds