October 09, 2023
2537 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2738 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
30 Dec 2017 11:29 #259834 by Michael Barnes
The whole swatting thing needs to not overshadow the fact that many cops- not all- are ready and willing to kill civilians at the drop of a hat.

Probably a weird place to talk about this, but it turns out that my brother did not commit suicide as was explained to us by the police. He was, it seems, killed by the police. They told us that he came to the door with a gun, ran inside, and shot himself. However, only half of that is true. He did apparently come out with a gun because he didn’t know what was going on and people were in his yard. He went back in and the police starting shooting at the door. According to the neighbor, one of the cops apparently said “oh shit, we just shot him”. And the were bullet holes in the door.

So yeah, this is yet another example of murdering cops just waiting for the moment to use their guns on somebody. The swatting element is entirely secondary. Lame, dangerous, and scary. But it was the police that killed this man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JEM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2017 11:34 #259835 by hotseatgames
That is a fucked up story, on many levels. People clearly don't think before they act, and don't realize the severity of those actions. They are also somehow inflating the importance of a game WAY too much.

More
30 Dec 2017 11:36 #259836 by __
ýeah, the fact that such a thing as "swatting" exists is hard to describe just how mental that is as someone not from the USA. I sometimes wonder if you guys realise how alien that is to people living in most countries in terms of having everyday citizens with access to guns.

Also, thats fucking outrageous Michael, is that something coming to light recently? Will you be able to press charges in any way?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
30 Dec 2017 11:40 #259837 by Michael Barnes
It’s “under investigation” but who knows. I know that they won’t give my niece and nephew the gun he had, most likely because forensics would show that it wasn’t fired.

More
30 Dec 2017 11:41 #259838 by __

More
30 Dec 2017 11:42 #259839 by __

Michael Barnes wrote: It’s “under investigation” but who knows. I know that they won’t give my niece and nephew the gun he had, most likely because forensics would show that it wasn’t fired.

fuck, thats some crazy and scary shit, hope this doesnt just end up swept under the carpet dude, my condolences, what a fucking nightmare.

More
30 Dec 2017 12:03 #259840 by stoic
In most jurisdictions, this prank will, at the very least, result in a Criminal Mischief, Manslaughter, and/or Negligent Homicide criminal charges, all felonies subject to imprisonment under hard labor. In addition, there will be civil liabilities and penalties. No one will just get away with this "swatting," or perjury especially since it resulted in a fatality. In some jurisdictions, this conduct could result in a murder charge. There's debate going on whether to enhance laws to expressly include "swatting."

The S.W.A.T. team member's use of deadly force will be reviewed administratively and the district attorney will decide whether to bring the case before a Grand Jury if he finds criminal culpability by the officer. A "shoot or no-shoot scenario" under extreme stress is the most difficult thing that a law enforcement officer will ever face and S.W.A.T. goes in with the notice of situations where the suspect is considered armed and extremely dangerous, whether right or wrong.

More
30 Dec 2017 12:04 #259841 by stoic

Michael Barnes wrote: The whole swatting thing needs to not overshadow the fact that many cops- not all- are ready and willing to kill civilians at the drop of a hat.

Probably a weird place to talk about this, but it turns out that my brother did not commit suicide as was explained to us by the police. He was, it seems, killed by the police. They told us that he came to the door with a gun, ran inside, and shot himself. However, only half of that is true. He did apparently come out with a gun because he didn’t know what was going on and people were in his yard. He went back in and the police starting shooting at the door. According to the neighbor, one of the cops apparently said “oh shit, we just shot him”. And the were bullet holes in the door.

So yeah, this is yet another example of murdering cops just waiting for the moment to use their guns on somebody. The swatting element is entirely secondary. Lame, dangerous, and scary. But it was the police that killed this man.

This is awful!

More
30 Dec 2017 13:16 - 30 Dec 2017 13:17 #259847 by Grudunza
How have I not known about Invisible Inc. before now? I've been playing it almost nonstop in any free time the past few days. $5 on Steam. Wow. Any other games you guys would recommend in this milieu? Stealth, turn-based, etc.

And now I see where the board game Burgle Bros. got its inspiration. A lot of similarities there.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2017 13:17 by Grudunza.

More
30 Dec 2017 13:20 #259848 by Grudunza
That's fucked up, Barnes. Sorry to hear that, no matter what the reason.

The video of the cop shooting that guy in the hotel is one of the most rage-inducing things ever. Well, seeing that and knowing he got off.

More
02 Jan 2018 09:04 #260009 by hotseatgames
Played some PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds with Disgustipater recently. We seem to have developed a symbiotic relationship in which he gets killed and I kill his killer. Then he exclaims "Nice" :)

More
02 Jan 2018 10:40 #260017 by Disgustipater
Now I feel self-conscious about how much I say it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
02 Jan 2018 10:53 #260021 by Black Barney
i'm sure I'd be saying much worse things, don't beat yourself up about it :)

can't wait to watch that 7 minute video later. Should be fun

More
02 Jan 2018 11:28 #260029 by hotseatgames

Disgustipater wrote: Now I feel self-conscious about how much I say it.

As me doing something right is rare, I will take all the praise I can get.

More
02 Jan 2018 11:33 #260031 by Black Barney
I think 2017 was the worst year on record I've ever seen for video games. Someone reached out to me asking me what was my GOTY for 2017 and there was not a single one I could stand to play for more than an hour or two. I spent almost all of 2017 playing 2016 games.

This probably means more than anything else I am gaming on the wrong platform. Since people that had a Nintendo Switch were foaming at the mouth all year so I should really try taking whatever they're on.

Then again, I didn't even bother playing my platform's piece de resistance... Cuphead.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.739 seconds