October 09, 2023
2551 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2747 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

The 2 day suspension of GROGnads on BGG

More
19 Sep 2008 14:10 #11593 by Gary Sax
ubarose wrote:

At least he won't show up here like everyone else does when they get suspended from BGG. None of the text color or sizing formatting works in the forum.

lol. What would he do with only bold, italics, underline and caps???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2008 14:29 #11595 by Schweig!
TheDukester wrote:

Zero sympathy. He's a First-Degree Asshat who has gotten away with murder for years over there with his mastery of the passive-aggressive attack [...]

His posts are rather aggressive-aggressive when he's aggressive, but to see this you have to both read and comprehend his posts. And we all know the BGG admins aren't capable of reading and comprehension very much. ;) So I guess he just found a loop hole for himself.

Gary Sax wrote:

Anyone who would be so retarded as to intentionally make themselves unintelligible can fuck off anyway [...]

It's modern art.

jeb wrote:

He seems to comment on every thread and always with the totally bizarre and unintelligible gobbledygook. He might actually be saying interesting things. [...]

Funny things.

More
19 Sep 2008 18:47 #11614 by Notahandle
I agree entirely with Schweig! on all points in his post above. GROGnards ain't exactly subtle when he's having a go at someone. And daveroswell makes a good point too: F:AT does have a lot in common with GROGs tastes, he's fit in here easily. As for the reading difficulty, you get used to it and it helps to skim and get the gist of it. Also, he tones it down for his non-forum posts; his articles are a lot easier on the eyes.

(Maybe uba should implement text colour and sizing in order to tempt him over...)
(Just kidding!)

More
19 Sep 2008 20:07 #11617 by Mr Skeletor
GROGs is quality. Yeah, he has a funny posting 'shtick' - it's called being a personality so get over it. Any place is much richer when filled with personalities then fucking toolboxes.
Also in geekchat he does post normal. He comes up with some great stuff.

That thread is an example of how fucking ridiculous GG has gotten. What was meant to be a 'fun' little widget now just runs that whole site.

More
19 Sep 2008 20:19 #11619 by ubarose
Notahandle wrote:

(Maybe uba should implement text colour and sizing in order to tempt him over...)
(Just kidding!)

The new version of the forum component is in beta. We could have color and big ass letters by the end of the month.

More
19 Sep 2008 23:54 #11620 by TheDukester
Mr Skeletor wrote:

funny

tedious and lame

+++++

You've got a typo there ...

More
20 Sep 2008 03:17 #11623 by GROGnads
:unsure: I had NOT 'asked', nor expected, that Dave 'post' about this here, and with the reviled responses from a few "demental midgets", then who'd expect such eh? I don't even recognize some of these detractors, and that's 'saying' very little for THEIR "contributions", if for any. I don't care one witless commentary of theirs, from any of them that can't evolve from the "penes gallery", and at least provide anything other than their disdain, due to their misperceived expectations. I do thank those who HAD stood by myself, and even made poignant statements, in regards to the matter at hand. I shall be responding to the others in that 'thread' in order to make them appear even more stupid than they already are 'seen' as, and NOT just by 'moi' either. It mainly boils down to WHO holds the 'mods' accountable when they have shown their inexperience with anything of which they have NONE abouts? Once ANY others of yourselves had accomplished a 'tithe' compared to what I have already, then perhaps you can "talk out your asses" with somewhat authoritative perspectives, yet, please do speak LOUDLY, since some of YOU also tend to conduct yourselves from with what I'm 'seeing' here or elsewhere, WITH your cranium lodged firmly within your 'posterior orifice'! oh, and LEARN what a "breath mint" were in order to put that to good use, as it does improve your chances for whatever you 'spaketh'! Catch some of YOU in the "unfunny papers"!
:woohoo:

More
20 Sep 2008 03:20 #11624 by Gary Sax

More
20 Sep 2008 03:36 #11625 by GROGnads
Gary Sax wrote:

what

:laugh: geez! at least get with another of your "ilk" and vigorously "rub together" BOTH of your single functioning 'brain-dead cells' in which to respond properly!
"Get a BRAIN quorum moran!"
:lol:

More
20 Sep 2008 06:52 #11627 by Mr Skeletor
TheDukester wrote:

Mr Skeletor wrote:

funny

tedious and lame

+++++

You've got a typo there ...

Huh?

More
20 Sep 2008 08:49 #11628 by Notahandle
ubarose wrote:
"The new version of the forum component is in beta. We could have color and big ass letters by the end of the month."
With two posts from GROGnads it looks promising that "color and big ass letters" will get some heavy duty testing real soon.
And it also looks promising that F:AT will get even more entertaining and funny.
Welcome Robert!

(P.S. I don't suppose strikeouts are also part of the beta?)

More
20 Sep 2008 12:03 #11632 by TheDukester
GROGnads wrote:

:unsure: I had NOT 'asked', nor expected [blah, blah, blah, who the fuck knows what ANY of this bullshit means] ... "unfunny papers"![/color][/i][/b]
:woohoo:

Yawn.

You really need some new material.

More
20 Sep 2008 14:01 #11633 by Dogmatix
Schweig! wrote:

TheDukester wrote:

Zero sympathy. He's a First-Degree Asshat who has gotten away with murder for years over there with his mastery of the passive-aggressive attack [...]

His posts are rather aggressive-aggressive when he's aggressive, but to see this you have to both read and comprehend his posts. And we all know the BGG admins aren't capable of reading and comprehension very much. ;) So I guess he just found a loop hole for himself.

Yep. Never really had much trouble understanding them and I always thought it perfectly clear when he was on the attack.

jeb wrote:

He seems to comment on every thread and always with the totally bizarre and unintelligible gobbledygook. He might actually be saying interesting things. [...]

Funny things.[/quote]

And, the sad part was, I think the whole episode got started over posting a rather handy little set of variant material from a magazine 10 years out of print. Wish I had saved it since I had bought the game 2 days before that shit got posted...

More
20 Sep 2008 15:00 #11634 by southernman
Much rather read Grogs posts and what he has to say than some of the dick-whackers that have posted on F:AT - welcome to him whenever he wants to drop a post in B).

More
20 Sep 2008 15:17 #11635 by daveroswell
Dick-whackers and Asshats? Sounds like characters from H.R. Puffenstuff!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds