October 09, 2023
2757 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2907 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

Trashfest 2009 April 30 - May 3, 2009

More
20 Feb 2009 21:51 #21922 by ubarose
Thaadd wrote:

Hmm. Must run some numbers. (aka, do your freaking taxes, girl. god, how I hate doing taxes)

I would love to go, but not sure if I can swing two trips in spring. Pondering it.

You have to figure out how to claim the trip as a business expense on next year's taxes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2009 17:04 #21978 by daveroswell
I'm officially out. Going out with my wife that weekend to see Brian Regan. And I ain't able to get out of work.

More
23 Feb 2009 09:38 #21991 by Ska_baron
KingPut wrote:

Steve we'll see if we can rope Skabarron into picking up. I think he's heading up Thursday and drives right by the airport.

Ken $300 or 400 sounds like a lot of money for 70 hours of of gaming but in my book I'd rather spend a few hundred actually playing games than spending the money on buying games that'll collect dust.

Hah! Funny thing, that. I was just thinking this weekend about offering you a ride Steve. Feel free to PM me if you're interested. I'm not 100% as to *when* I'm coming up on Thursday, (it might be after your 1030 arrival) but I do want to try getting there as close to starting as possible. Plus if I picked you up, you wouldnt have to worry about choking down a game of agricola with the locals to kill time...

More
23 Feb 2009 09:39 #21992 by Ska_baron
daveroswell wrote:

I'm officially out. Going out with my wife that weekend to see Brian Regan. And I ain't able to get out of work.

Sorry we won't see you there Dave. I'll try to keep my Agricola-interrupting shouts to a minimum in your absence.

Also, Uba, will Buffy be making an appearance this time around? I need to play this one again...

More
23 Feb 2009 11:30 #22006 by ubarose
Ska_baron wrote:

daveroswell wrote:

Sorry we won't see you there Dave. I'll try to keep my Agricola-interrupting shouts to a minimum in your absence.

Also, Uba, will Buffy be making an appearance this time around? I need to play this one again...

Yeah. I'll bring Buffy. I think KingPut has a copy too.

More
23 Feb 2009 13:01 #22015 by Stephen Avery
Do we want to want to start a games list? I've got a decent collection but am strapped because I'm only bringing on piece of carry- on. If its small though I can squeeze it in.

the yahoo game event groups usually do a table

Game/ who wants to play/ who is bringing/ notes

Steve"3daysfromanAllGameWeekend"Avery

More
23 Feb 2009 19:16 #22064 by KingPut
Can you post game you want to play, games your bring and when you're coming on BGG.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3129385#3129385 .

More
24 Feb 2009 11:41 #22096 by Ska_baron
Stephen Avery wrote:

(Its looking like Stange Synergy might be a contender or pehaps Cut throat caverns)

I'd play SS (pretty fun little game), but Cutthroat Caverns is defintely on my list of wanna plays - maybe just not in the top 10.

Also, Dogmatix - Count me in as an intereseted opponent for Space Hulk - played once and would love to again.

Did I mention that this is going to rock?

More
25 Feb 2009 11:14 #22208 by Stephen Avery
I've added a METAGAME.

BATTLECARDS!

Yes amongst the crappy game piles of junk that I've acculated are piles and piles of Battlecards. I probably have enough for all of gamefest if they want to participate(or we can keep this just an AT thing) If you've not seen them, they are warriors with bubbles that scratch off around the edge. Some of the bubbles contain wounds and each card has a gold piece value. The art isn't too shabby either. Apparently you'd try to kill as many opponents as possibile and take their dead cards as trophies. I only have a rough idea about this but I propose we each get three random warriors and thoughout the couse of gamefest try to take down as many others as possible. I'll even contribute a prize- one genuine hand crafted miniature nuclear explosion suitable for marking any desroyed land or opponent. These one-of-a-kind treasures make great collector peices as well as important symbols of your status amongst the Amertrash community. Don't miss out. GET ONE NOW!

So how to use them? challenge one opponent per game played? Winning a game lets youscratch off one bubble from everyone else who played? I think there are about 20 bubbles total.

I'll cognitate on this :D

Steve"BattleCard"Avery

More
25 Feb 2009 11:52 #22218 by Ska_baron
Yo Avery, I am down with some crazy meta game - only thing that sucks is folks like me who won't be there the whole time. Dont know if that messes it up any.

Talk with KingPut and see if this could be worked into the way trashfest is scored since it looks to be run a good bit looser than a typical "tournament" style con.

Also, if you're interested - it looks like I could definitely give you a ride from BWI to Trashfest around 1030/1045. PM me if youre interested and we can exchange info. The only catch? That I can rope you into playtesting a game of mine. :D

More
25 Feb 2009 20:40 #22288 by KingPut
I love the Battlecard idea! That is great. When you get a chance type up some rules so I can have them printed up.

More
27 Feb 2009 09:36 #22406 by Ska_baron
Any word on a Math Trade there?

More
28 Feb 2009 22:57 #22538 by KingPut
No word on the Math Trade yet.

But here are a couple updates:

ZMAN will have a booth Friday - Sunday. Zev said he'll bring something new and trashy for us to try out!

Canton Gamesis also a vendor. They'll take pre-orders for games. If War for Edadh is any good I may tell them order in a few copies.

I guy emailed me this week and he's looking at setting up a Descent campaign on the fly. This is what he's thinking: "Maybe have 3-hour slots with signups for Overlord and Hero (1-4) players? The game state would be recorded at the end of each session (and in the evening). Once it gets going, players should be able to "swap" in as wanted/needed I can see myself doing the initial setup and 1-3 "sessions" over the course of the weekend. Maybe put out a call to see if I can round up a solid set of "Overlords" from folks attending?"

New Axis & Allieswill be demoed and played most likely Saturday.

More
04 Mar 2009 11:11 #22902 by Ska_baron
Thanks for the updates KP,

I would definitely be into some Descent action in some way, shape, or form!

Also, glad to hear Zev'll be there - I hadnt seen it up on his site so figured he was skipping it.

And sad about A&A if it is on Saturday since I probably wont be there all too long.

Just mailed out my registration today! wooo!

More
05 Mar 2009 00:28 #23030 by KingPut
I played BSG with Malloc tonight and asked which days he was going to Trashfest. It looks like he's in for Friday - Saturday. So I think we'll set up Ti3 for 11:00 AM on Friday so Ska won't miss it.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.658 seconds