October 09, 2023
2653 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2837 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What KICKSTARTER(S) are you BACKING and WHY?

More
29 Nov 2023 17:39 - 29 Nov 2023 17:42 #341148 by southernman

southernman wrote: I never backed Lockdown as (for me) it was a bit too similar and I had got little play out of the original (still haven't started either of the two mini campaigns in the 'comic' books yet), but Retaliation looks different enough that I've [sigh] backed it - but only for a core set, not sundropped this time (I'll dry-brush them some colour), and the Untold Stories 4 mini campaign book (and the Medic for my original :)) .

Sneaky buggers :angry: - they're trying to get more of my hard-earned cash
gamefound.com/en/projects/awaken-realms/...ation#/product/47231

Last edit: 29 Nov 2023 17:42 by southernman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2023 08:48 #341207 by hotseatgames
I received my pledge for They Live the card game. I have not had the opportunity to play it yet, but all of the components seem very well done, and putting on the glasses to read the hidden role cards works beautifully.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3, Msample, Jackwraith

More
06 Dec 2023 11:31 #341208 by Jackwraith
That's awesome. Was so tempted by that and the Escape from New York game because I'm an old school Carpenter fan, but just can't justify anything new coming into the house these days. Seriously thinking about selling a good chunk of the pile.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
20 Feb 2024 09:31 #341819 by n815e
www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged...n-edition?ref=4bfmwq

Street Masters launches tomorrow with a new company.

I really do want this game, I swore if a reliable company got a hold of it that I would jump on it. Yet, I’m at a point where I have no more space or time for what I have, and another big $400 game feels more like a burden than a boon.

I’m conflicted on this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars

More
20 Feb 2024 10:19 #341823 by hotseatgames
I had tried to find what happened to this thread but couldn't find it for the longest time.

More
20 Feb 2024 16:04 #341825 by southernman
Backed Conan last month in its latest expansion crowdfunder. I had a copy of it about five years ago but had bought it on the secondary market and it was just a core game that lacked variety for us (plus we didn't really get how to play it) so it was sold on, but the latest project is re-releasing the massive King pledge for a reasonable price so decided I needed to have a copy.

Keeping an eye on Dante: Inferno that's just opened today but I think I have enough narrative boss-battler games ... probably

And my ISS: Vanguard pledge finally arrived, that's what you get when you select single delivery rather than two wave delivery - it's been a long wait but it's not as if I didn't have a hell of a lot of other games to play. It looks damn good, another Awaken Realms months of gaming product B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars, n815e

More
23 Feb 2024 10:43 #341830 by DarthJoJo
Took a look at the Street Masters Kickstarter but passed. So Very Wrong About Games is hot on it, but I feel it hits a spot between Sentinels of the Multiverse and Vengeance that I don’t hit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars, n815e

More
26 Feb 2024 17:30 #341841 by BillyBobThwarton
I’ve gone in on all prior Street Masters campaigns and figured I might as well get the “4th” one as it’ll facilitate getting the “3rd” which I thought I would never see. The prospect of going all in as a new player seems overwhelming, but I would strongly endorse grabbing just Aftershock, or what is now called Street Masters “2”. The Times Square Ninja Turtles are in it and the content struck me as much more interesting and refined than the core.

Following the campaign has gotten me playing it again as the Sadler’s enthusiasm is infectious. I understand that some are not fans of Steam Forged but given how much I’ve liked Godtear I once again have hope for the product.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars, DarthJoJo, n815e

More
26 Feb 2024 18:05 #341842 by charlest
I love Street Masters. I admit, it's very clunky and could probably have used streamlining, particularly on the player's different types of actions. But it really hits hard in a middle ground between Euro tableau engine building and Ameritrash miniatures skirmish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars, DarthJoJo, n815e

More
27 Feb 2024 10:16 - 27 Feb 2024 10:39 #341844 by Disgustipater
The demolition derby expansion for Thunder Road: Vendetta went up today. I know it is the new normal and I haven't bought many games online recently, but $25 shipping on a $45 game expansion is hard for me to swallow. But I'm a rube so I'll probably do it anyway.

Edit - I love to see all the KS comments bitching about this or that. Time to revisit the classics: Why don't returning backers get anything special? Why wont you sell me an empty Max Chrome box? Can't you sell me the Max Chrome edition but without the base game contents (because I already have the base game)? And of course wanting a solo mode.
Last edit: 27 Feb 2024 10:39 by Disgustipater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars, cdennett, n815e, Cappster_

More
27 Feb 2024 10:56 #341845 by hotseatgames
I would get banned from BGG in an instant if I told solo mode beggars what I thought of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, dysjunct, Sagrilarus, Msample, cdennett, Cappster_

More
27 Feb 2024 11:11 #341846 by Msample
I would get banned from BGG in an instant if I told the vast majority of thread posters what I thought of them. Anything from rules questions that are blatantly obvious from reading the rules ( a lost art for many these days it would seem ) to clueless people who can't even organize a game without being told how to do so . And so many more dimwits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct, hotseatgames, birdman37

More
27 Feb 2024 11:11 - 27 Feb 2024 11:14 #341847 by cdennett
While I haven't decided if I'll back (I'm guessing I won't since I sold the original and never missed it), this may be of general interest to some here.
The new Ascending Empires kickstarter is live: www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtoz/asc...pires-zenith-edition

I will say there are some recognizable faces in Zev's new company...
Last edit: 27 Feb 2024 11:14 by cdennett.

More
27 Feb 2024 11:19 #341848 by cdennett

Disgustipater wrote: The demolition derby expansion for Thunder Road: Vendetta went up today.

What was the consensus around here about Thunder Road? Most Restoration games titles have been duds with me, the only exception being the Return to Dark Tower, so I'm hesitant to pay that much moolah for something from them without strong recommendations...

Shipping universally sucks, but I do think companies are adding things like freight and fulfillment fees into shipping, which really should be part of the product cost. The money paid to UPS/USPS/FedEx really should be the only thing they're charging, but I think they've figured out they can add it elsewhere and complain about how expensive it is now. If I can personally ship a similar box of stuff for less then they are charging, we're being ripped off.

More
27 Feb 2024 11:22 #341849 by Disgustipater

cdennett wrote: The new Ascending Empires kickstarter is live

The new edition looks great, but like you, I haven't played my original edition in over a decade.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.630 seconds