October 09, 2023
2563 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2764 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

The Secret Ameritrashers Don't Want You to Know!!!

More
30 Jan 2009 12:05 #19093 by TheDukester
JMcL63 wrote:

This is exactly the sort of self-serving cheapass bullshit I've been talking about. You use the BGG's database here at the F:AT for fuck's sake. Not even acknowledging its existence is like sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "La, la, la, I can't hear you!" Fuckwit. ;)

Given your intense dislike of this site and most of the people who post here, one can only wonder why you insist not only upon hanging around, but also upon being an active participant.

Oh. Wait. It's because you're a fucking troll. That's why.

Never mind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2009 12:13 #19095 by ChristopherMD
TheDukester wrote:

JMcL63 wrote:

This is exactly the sort of self-serving cheapass bullshit I've been talking about. You use the BGG's database here at the F:AT for fuck's sake. Not even acknowledging its existence is like sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "La, la, la, I can't hear you!" Fuckwit. ;)

Given your intense dislike of this site and most of the people who post here, one can only wonder why you insist not only upon hanging around, but also upon being an active participant.

Oh. Wait. It's because you're a fucking troll. That's why.

Never mind.

I think JMcL63 fits in well here, but people treat him the way Barnes used to be treated on TOS. You don't like what he says or how he says it so you all try to shout him down and ask for a banning. Fucking hypocrits!

More
30 Jan 2009 12:17 #19099 by TheDukester
And that's just bullshit, too.

He's a one-note symphony, a broken record, a CD stuck on repeat. Same thing, over and over, and you know what? We got it the first 10 times it was posted.

Let him add something to a discussion here and then get back to me about your "hypocrite" theory.

More
30 Jan 2009 12:18 #19100 by clockwirk
The idea that playing with a type of board game that involves rolling dice and moving little plastic pieces around makes you a rebel is the funniest thing I've heard all week.

More
30 Jan 2009 12:22 #19102 by Juniper
the*mad*gamer wrote:

Bullshit. This is where the phrase emerged . Notice that the message predates the creation of BGG.

Who cares about that? the phrase wasn't popularized until Robert Martin did it.

Just correcting the historical record, big guy. Besides, it kind of undermines your point.

The thing about F:At that's valuable to me is the insightful and interesting writing. If someone has a novel insight about BGG to share, I'm happy to read it here. I think, though, that we've said just about everything there is to say.

At the same time, realize that F:At is growing, and that many new members are refugees from BGG. It's inevitable that people will come here to express their frustrations about the other place. It may be the same old shit to you and me, but I see no need to deny others their moment of catharsis.

More
30 Jan 2009 12:31 #19108 by Deleted User 1

You know what? I like databases. I particularly like useful databases. But I no longer see any need to discuss, talk about, or advertise them- particularly on a site that is about board game discussion and culture.

For all of Barne's big talk and big support of F:AT his support of this site is really half-hearted.

Go look on BGG and his profile is there like a sunflower sticking out of pile of manure.

Barnes if you really supported this site like you say you do you would delete your account there and duplicate you vast game comments here on F:AT.

It annoys me that I have to look to Mama Geek to see what you think about a game. As one of the major draws to this site your stuff should be easily found here NOT on Mama Geek.

I reworded my reviews and put them in the recommendations section on THIS site. You really could make the case that I support this site more than you.

You could do the same but you wont delete your account because you are no doubt still active there trading and Mama geek really wants your stuff there too because they know it is a draw.

Your false independence of the Geek is annoying and a charade that fools no one.

More
30 Jan 2009 12:42 #19111 by Schweig!
That's true.

Barnes, you're only here for our (the F:AT members') entertainment!

Now dance, you puppy!

More
30 Jan 2009 12:49 #19116 by Michael Barnes
Not tonight Schweig...I have a headache.

More
30 Jan 2009 13:13 #19123 by BradHB
Am I the only one who likes everyone here?

More
30 Jan 2009 13:19 #19125 by Juniper
the*mad*gamer wrote:

It annoys me that I have to look to Mama Geek to see what you think about a game. As one of the major draws to this site your stuff should be easily found here NOT on Mama Geek.

Translation: Steve resents having to browse both sites for spank material.

More
30 Jan 2009 13:20 #19127 by Juniper
BradH wrote:

There's a lot of love in this room. Tough love.

More
30 Jan 2009 13:21 #19128 by Bullwinkle
BradH wrote:

I bet that's because of what you're smoking in your avatar.

More
30 Jan 2009 13:30 #19136 by hancock.tom
Hey Octavian, are you reading this? Somebody turn on the batsignal, I mean, BANsignal to summon BANman.

Oct, can you unban Weeks on TOS so he will quit stirring shit here? 90% of TOS has him on plonk anyway, so it won't hurt anything.

-signed, people that want to talk about games instead of watch Weeks stroke his massive ego

More
30 Jan 2009 13:35 #19139 by southernman
TheDukester wrote:

And that's just bullshit, too.

He's a one-note symphony, a broken record, a CD stuck on repeat. Same thing, over and over, and you know what? We got it the first 10 times it was posted.

Let him add something to a discussion here and then get back to me about your "hypocrite" theory.

Nail hit squarely on the head. He's a fucking troll who offers fuck all else - at least Prof Euro's fleeting posts were game orientated and more funny than antagonistic.

More
30 Jan 2009 13:39 #19142 by southernman
TOS is a database and Q&A forum for games.

F:AT is a place where people talk (mostly) intelligently about boardgames and many other interests.

If I'm reading or posting about a game here I may check some details out at the TOS database. If there is a discussion going on here about a movie I may check out teh imdb database. If ....

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds