October 09, 2023
2532 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2738 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What MOVIE(s) have you been....seeing? watching?

More
02 Oct 2017 18:17 #255124 by Vlad
Definitely watching the new Blade Runner on a big screen. Spent so much time criticizing it, I might as well watch it.
And, honestly, my attitude shifted from "this is a very dumb idea" to "what the hell, it might work".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2017 18:37 #255128 by Michael Barnes
In high school, Blade Runner was a great test to determine if I would be really interested in a girl. If they got bored with it and wanted to make out, that meant a no.

More
02 Oct 2017 18:40 #255130 by Shellhead

Michael Barnes wrote: In high school, Blade Runner was a great test to determine if I would be really interested in a girl. If they got bored with it and wanted to make out, that meant a no.

On our third date, I talked a woman into coming back to my place to watch the Director's Cut. I was excited because I tended to get luckier by the third date back then. Sadly, she really just wanted to watch Blade Runner and then go home afterwards. I blame the music.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Black Barney

More
02 Oct 2017 18:55 #255133 by Michael Barnes
Reminds me...probably the hottest thing a girl ever said to me in high school was "my parents are out of town, want to come over and watch Videodrome?"

Actually...the first time I ever made out with a girl was during Blade Runner...and she did, in fact, turn out to be a NO.

More
02 Oct 2017 20:22 #255137 by hotseatgames
I will go on record saying I have never gotten any action during Blade Runner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, Cranberries, Black Barney

More
02 Oct 2017 20:56 #255140 by Black Barney
No kidding. That snooze fest has a lower BJ factor than Schindlers List
The following user(s) said Thank You: Unicron

More
02 Oct 2017 21:06 #255141 by Michael Barnes
I thought you were in the market for films with a higher Bear factor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
03 Oct 2017 11:15 #255160 by Sagrilarus

"Which is not something I’m going to explain, at least as far as it relates to the story. The studio has been unusually insistent in its pleas to critics not to reveal plot points. That’s fair enough, but it’s also evidence of how imaginatively impoverished big-budget movies have become. Like any great movie, Mr. Scott’s “Blade Runner” cannot be spoiled. It repays repeated viewing because its mysteries are too deep to be solved and don’t depend on the sequence of events. Mr. Villeneuve’s film, by contrast, is a carefully engineered narrative puzzle, and its power dissipates as the pieces snap into place. As sumptuous and surprising as it is from one scene to the next, it lacks the creative excess, the intriguing opacity and the haunting residue of its predecessor."

From the NY Times review of Blade Runner 2049 (A.O. Scott)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
03 Oct 2017 12:01 #255167 by Unicron

Sagrilarus wrote:

"Which is not something I’m going to explain, at least as far as it relates to the story. The studio has been unusually insistent in its pleas to critics not to reveal plot points. That’s fair enough, but it’s also evidence of how imaginatively impoverished big-budget movies have become. Like any great movie, Mr. Scott’s “Blade Runner” cannot be spoiled. It repays repeated viewing because its mysteries are too deep to be solved and don’t depend on the sequence of events. Mr. Villeneuve’s film, by contrast, is a carefully engineered narrative puzzle, and its power dissipates as the pieces snap into place. As sumptuous and surprising as it is from one scene to the next, it lacks the creative excess, the intriguing opacity and the haunting residue of its predecessor."

From the NY Times review of Blade Runner 2049 (A.O. Scott)

Sure, but that's an odd dig at a film. Consider Psycho.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
03 Oct 2017 15:34 #255184 by Cranberries
My guess is that the sequel strips away even more of the ambiguity and mystery from the original Bladerunner than even Ridley Scott attempted during various promotional interviews over the years, and, like the Alien franchise, we find things out that don't really enrich the story. I'm still going to see it at the Imax on $5.00 Tuesday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus

More
03 Oct 2017 15:52 #255185 by Black Barney
I don't think Harrison Ford likes Ryan Gosling much. But I don't think he routinely likes his co-stars much unless they're young drugged out girls he's focking.

If this thing exposes Harrison's character as a replicant, i'm really worried it'll damage the original.

More
03 Oct 2017 16:32 #255191 by Shellhead
people.com/movies/ryan-gosling-says-harr...hed-him-in-the-face/

The actor tells GQ magazine in its January issue that while filming a fight scene for the upcoming Blade Runner sequel, Blade Runner 2049, Harrison Ford accidentally punched him in the face.

Admits Gosling, 36, “It was kind of, you know, a rite of passage.”

“We were just doing a fight scene and, you know, it just happened,” explains Gosling. “But what was funny was, when it was over, they brought ice for my face, and Harrison pushed me out of the way and stuck his fist in the ice.”

More
03 Oct 2017 16:56 #255196 by Black Barney
The way he's talking about Ryan Gosling in interviews is really similar to how he talked about Greg Kinnear when they were in Sabrina together.

anyway who cares. he's allowed to be an ass

More
03 Oct 2017 18:37 #255206 by Shellhead
George Foreman just challenged Steven Segal to some sort of fight. Foreman will be boxing and he said Segal can fight however he likes as long as there are no weapons.

Anyway, I had to check IMDB to be sure, but I've never seen a Steven Segal movie. I've seen previews, but none of them looked good enough to see in the theater and I never got around to watching them as rentals, either. One time I was on a date, and the woman invited me back to her place to watch Under Siege, but we ended up not watching it because bow-chicka-wow-wow.

More
03 Oct 2017 18:58 #255208 by Black Barney

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.644 seconds