October 09, 2023
2548 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2744 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

A Bitter Pill for Derk to Swallow

More
23 Sep 2008 10:17 #11739 by Deleted User 1

The only people consistently grumpy about our content has been the Ameritrashers

The above quote by Derk is a crock of shit! Everyone knows that the most grumpy about BGG content has been the Eurosnoots. Their inability to want to hear a different opinion has sent BGG into a tailspin.

The above quote by Derk also shows his bitterness as my original thread stated. Derk once said that he would "kiss Aldie on the mouth if Settlers ever made it into a mainstream store like Toys R Us"

The fact is Settlers has not made it into a mainstream store and World of Warcraft Adventure game is in Target.

This is a Bitter Pill for Derk to swallow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2008 10:45 - 23 Sep 2008 10:46 #11742 by Jatoha
In regards to melissa:

I don't know about a specific incident. My perception is that she has taken some of the Agricola criticism too personally, imho.

It's too bad if she stops writing.
Last edit: 23 Sep 2008 10:46 by Jatoha.

More
23 Sep 2008 10:52 #11743 by Ken B.
Jatoha wrote:

In regards to melissa:

I don't know about a specific incident. My perception is that she has taken some of the Agricola criticism too personally, imho.

It's too bad if she stops writing.

Jess, it's always awesome to see you here.

How did people get so much ego wrapped up in Agricola, anyway? I mean, I already blogged about it last month because I was exasperated by it. From the "prank" where people just went ballistic to those who leaped on every "non-10" review with heavy vigor, to possibly this...

How does this happen? I understand she put a lot of work into it, I do. But you could spend hours upon hours on a painting or other piece of work and people still hate it. It's just part of it.

Surely this isn't what's going on here. Is it? It can't be.

More
23 Sep 2008 11:14 #11744 by ubarose
In regards to melissa:

IMHO, I think that she wants to avoid being called "shill" for writing about things that she is involved in. I see her point. It is getting difficult to tell when people are just teasing in a freindly way, and when they are being cruel, and when they are just stupid, batshit insane. It is shame, as she is a writer whom I respect and admire. I like reading her stuff because it is so real and personal. I'll probally make it over to her blog.

In regards to Derk:

I'm not going to go there. I have better things to do right now.

More
23 Sep 2008 11:21 #11745 by Jatoha
ubarose wrote:

In regards to melissa:

IMHO, I think that she wants to avoid being called "shill" for writing about things that she is involved in. I see her point. It is getting difficult to tell when people are just teasing in a freindly way, and when they are being cruel, and when they are just stupid, batshit insane. It is shame, as she is a writer whom I respect and admire. I like reading her stuff because it is so real and personal. I'll probally make it over to her blog.

This is probably right and if it's stressing her out, then she should take a break.

More
23 Sep 2008 11:27 #11747 by TedTorgerson
That has to be the most tepid introduction for any Geek of The Week ever. Why not choose someone you are interested in hearing about?

More
23 Sep 2008 11:36 #11750 by ubarose
Jatoha wrote:

ubarose wrote:

In regards to melissa:

This is probably right and if it's stressing her out, then she should take a break.

I agree. Also, the last straw is often something that isn't public. It's something that happens face to face or via e-mail. Like I once had some nut job spit on me in protest to F:AT.

More
23 Sep 2008 11:38 #11751 by Deleted User 1

Like I once had some nut job spit on me in protest to F:AT.

Are you serious? When did this happen? Was this a Eurosnoot?

Only the scum of the earth would spit on a lady!!!

I can't believe this!!!!

More
23 Sep 2008 11:39 #11752 by Ken B.
ubarose wrote:

I agree. Also, the last straw is often something that isn't public. It's something that happens face to face or via e-mail. Like I once had some nut job spit on me in protest to F:AT.

This has got to be a joke. Was this the "ugly" incident you hinted at awhile back?

And you didn't take a few teeth with you?

More
23 Sep 2008 11:51 #11753 by mikoyan
Shellhead wrote:

Slapshot is great. I love the goons.

I wish someone did copies of the Comedy Central ads during the 1994 hockey strike. Those were funny.

More
23 Sep 2008 12:08 #11755 by ubarose
Yes, I am serious, but I don't want to make this thread about me. However, now that I think about it, I believe that this incident is relevant to Derk's comments. I think that Derk isn't entirely aware of what is going on below the surface of BGG. The Ameritrasher's aren't grumpy about "BGG content." All the fuss and bother on BGG is just the tip of the iceberg, and is a reaction to things occurring in the larger "community." It's stuff happening between people and people, not between people and BGG. Derk and Aldie need to get some distance and not take it all so personally. Just as the DIGer's spun off of rec.games.board, because that large community couldn't meet their needs, other groups, like F:AT or "BGG's old guard" will spin off of BGG. This isn't a bad thing. It is evolution and helps keeps BGG and the board game internet community as a whole healthy and vibrant.

More
23 Sep 2008 12:14 #11756 by Deleted User 1

Yes, I am serious, but I don't want to make this thread about me

I started this thread and I do not mind it all being about you! This is stunning information that someone would take gaming to that low level and spit on another human being!!!

More
23 Sep 2008 12:36 #11757 by vandemonium
Jatoha wrote:

ubarose wrote:

In regards to melissa:

I didn't realize people were calling her a shill. I must have missed it all, I still can't find anything. It seemed out of the blue to me, which made it really stand out. It is a damn shame that she feels like she can't talk openly at BGN. I too will be tracking down her blog.

Anyhoo... onwards and, err, well, onwards.

More
23 Sep 2008 12:38 #11758 by vandemonium
the*mad*gamer wrote:

Yes, I am serious, but I don't want to make this thread about me

I started this thread and I do not mind it all being about you! This is stunning information that someone would take gaming to that low level and spit on another human being!!!

Word. That is unbelievable Uba. Wow. Just wow.

More
23 Sep 2008 13:06 - 23 Sep 2008 13:07 #11759 by Aarontu
ubarose wrote:

Like I once had some nut job spit on me in protest to F:AT.

Like, in person!? :blink: :angry: That's just insane.

I'm convinced some people seriously need regular beatings.
Last edit: 23 Sep 2008 13:07 by Aarontu.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds