October 09, 2023
2550 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2746 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

A Bitter Pill for Derk to Swallow

More
23 Sep 2008 13:12 #11760 by Deleted User 1

Like, in person!? That's just insane.

I'm convinced some people seriously need regular beatings.

This calls for a full scale investigation!

Can the culprit be traced to BGG? Does he have a profile?

Uba can you finger this creep?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2008 14:34 #11761 by daveroswell
C'mon Steve. Ubas married....

More
23 Sep 2008 14:35 #11762 by Jatoha
ubarose wrote:
I agree. Also, the last straw is often something that isn't public. It's something that happens face to face or via e-mail. Like I once had some nut job spit on me in protest to F:AT.[/quote]

Holy crap, ubarose! That really pisses me off. It goes to show there are a lot of weirdos out there.

Do you want us to round up the posse and take him out for you?

We got your back!

More
23 Sep 2008 15:19 #11765 by Michael Barnes
I demand that the spitter be identified and publically called out for being a fucking subhuman jerk. It's one thing to spit on somebody. It's another to spit on a lady. And it's a whole other thing to spit on somebody who is a lady over FUCKING INTERNET BOARD GAME SITES. I swear, I hear shit like that it makes me want to burn all my games in a fire for fear of being somehow mistakenly associated with the kinds of losers that would be willing to do that over FUCKING INTERNET BOARD GAME SITES.

More
23 Sep 2008 15:32 #11766 by Deleted User 1
I agree let's call this guy out! I am giving 10 to 1 odds he is a heavy Euro player and he is active on BGG!!!

More
23 Sep 2008 15:59 #11767 by Harkonnen13
Post the cocksmokers name that spit on you, ubarose. The guy's a maggot. First, you don't ever do anything like that to a girl. Second, he's a maggot for taking something that really is pretty trivial to an extreme like that. I guarantee he's a BGG user or else he wouldn't know anything about the euro/AT debate.

More
23 Sep 2008 16:04 #11768 by Michael Barnes
Why am I so surprised that a board gamer would act like that? I mean, if you look at all the rude, arrogant, elitist, socially unaware jackasses that unfortunately infest certain areas of the hobby it shouldn't be any surprise that some fucking prick would stoop to spitting at a woman over a board game website. I've seen more rude and embarassing behavior from gamers than pretty much any subset of human beings I've ever witnessed. This is a hobby that sadly attracts some of the most socially malfeasant people in the world and it's also one which attracts people who cling to it as a way to find their identity and who they are in their lives so when something challenges that, or someone has a dissenting opinion about something it turns into this fucked up personal thing. That whole thing with the "shilling" that Melissa Whoeversheis and Valerie Putnam is part of that too. Rick Thornquist was part of that too. Fucking pathetic. I'm sure "The Spitter" felt that Uba was part of a larger challenge to the idioitic ideological hegemony that existed in the hobby before the AT thing really broke out and he probably held her responsible for shattering this fragile worldview he had where boardgaming was this happy-go-lucky land of delight and sophistication where he could realize all of his failed goals in life vicariously by moving some little fucking tokens around a god damned printed piece cardboard.

This isn't just about Uba. This is about how some people have made this hobby and the boardgaming community into this disgusting SUPER SERIOUS "thing" that it never should have been in the first place...and it all started when the little boardgamers started getting their feelings hurt on the internet because they invested all their social life into it.

Please, somebody tell me to put the matches down!

More
23 Sep 2008 16:10 - 23 Sep 2008 16:14 #11769 by Harkonnen13

Barnes
responsible for shattering this fragile worldview he had where boardgaming was this happy-go-lucky land of delight and sophistication where he could realize all of his failed goals in life vicariously by moving some little fucking tokens around a god damned printed piece cardboard.

Nice, couldn't have said it better myself. How about those dirtbags that reinforce every negative stereotype about our hobby? Won't ever see a girl naked IRL so might as well spit on one.
Last edit: 23 Sep 2008 16:14 by Harkonnen13.

More
23 Sep 2008 16:18 #11771 by Deleted User 1

Please, somebody tell me to put the matches down!

I think you got the right idea! Im embarrassed to be part of this hobby right now.

Uba has never really insulted anyone that I have seen. She donated her time to put up this website and then gets treated like that???

I am mad as hell!!!

More
23 Sep 2008 16:21 - 23 Sep 2008 16:23 #11772 by Michael Barnes
I've seen A LOT of shoddy treatment of women by gamers...there used to be this guy that came into the store (he claimed he was "in the film business"- he was a theater usher) with his wife...he'd come sashaying through the door bellowing "anybody want to play SHADOWS OVER CAMELOT?" while his wife literally struggled to get through the door (which he didn't hold open for her) with HIS gigantic tub full of games. Then there was the married couple that came in and the man constantly yelled at his wife for being dumb, making snarky comments all night during gaming about how stupid his wife was. Then there was the fact that any time a girl was in the store it was like a fucking G-rated floorshow for lonely middle aged men playing their little fucking board games instead of experiencing life and actual human relationships. And don't get me started on this implicit belief that women somehow can't handle games beyond LOST CITIES.

Yeah, these people that reinforce the negative gamer stereotypes need to have their feelings hurt, they need to be called out for being assholes and jerks...there are so many cool people and great folks in the hobby it _sucks_ that WE are associated with THEM.
Last edit: 23 Sep 2008 16:23 by Michael Barnes.

More
23 Sep 2008 16:52 - 23 Sep 2008 16:59 #11774 by Ska_baron
I posted a recommendation to vent my feelings on the Uba/Spit subject. Please to enjoy.
Last edit: 23 Sep 2008 16:59 by Ska_baron.

More
23 Sep 2008 16:59 #11775 by Harkonnen13
Ska_baron wrote:

I posted a review to vent my feelings on the Uba/Spit subject. Please to enjoy.

Where?

More
23 Sep 2008 17:00 #11776 by mikoyan
A few years (okay more than a few) ago, I was at a gaming convention and I remember watching this guy buying magic cards and his wife/girlfriend sitting there and diligently cataloging and putting them away neatly for him. I don't remember if I saw her carrying the box too. That was the same con where I entered the Magic Tournament and getting beat in two turns by this smug asshole. I'm thinking...wow that was fun.

Ah well.

More
23 Sep 2008 17:01 #11777 by Ska_baron

Harkonnen13 wrote:
Where?

Well shit. Not a review - I meant I added a recommendation...

More
23 Sep 2008 17:32 #11779 by Space Ghost
I can barely wrap my head around someone above the age of 5 spitting on someone else, let alone over what are basically toys. Apparently, some use the fact they still play with toys to never grow up and be shitheads.

Michael is definitely right. These people need to be "called on the carpet" and reprimanded in a manner worthy of a misbehaving child.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds