October 09, 2023
2546 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2744 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

CRUISE!

More
10 Dec 2008 20:44 #15216 by TheDukester
Replied by TheDukester on topic Re:CRUISE!
The only thing funnier than the idea itself is the conspicuous absence of a "no" option in the poll.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2008 23:08 #15217 by Octavian
Replied by Octavian on topic Re:CRUISE!
I trust you all realize that a "No" option is completely unnecessary as the only data of interest is the number of people who would be interested. The proportion of people interested vs not interested is completely insignificant to the question of whether or not enough people are interested to make it worth while.

Like I said, I'm sure you all know that and you are just being droll. Well done, also, in your continued efforts to show how you are not at all obsessed, or even interested, in what goes on over at T.O.S. Well played, all.

Cheers!

-MMM

More
10 Dec 2008 23:15 #15218 by TheDukester
Replied by TheDukester on topic Re:CRUISE!
It's always so entertaining when you're slumming it up over here. It almost makes me wonder who it is, exactly, who is "obsessed."

Octavian wrote:

I trust you all realize that a "No" option is completely unnecessary as the only data of interest is the number of people who would be interested.

Wouldn't that make the "maybe" option superfluous, as well?

More
10 Dec 2008 23:20 #15219 by Octavian
Replied by Octavian on topic Re:CRUISE!
TheDukester wrote:

It's always so entertaining when you're slumming it up over here. It almost makes me wonder who it is, exactly, who is "obsessed."

Obsessed with FFG. Don't flatter yourself :)

Wouldn't that make the "maybe" option superfluous, as well?

Now you're just being silly. Presumably some subset of those would choose to go so knowing how large the maybe group is will help inform what the total actual number might look like.

More
10 Dec 2008 23:29 #15220 by Ryan B.
Replied by Ryan B. on topic Re:CRUISE!
Southernman wrote:

It would be a great idea if it was in a piece of water with a higher iceberg density ..... or perhaps off the Somali coast.

How can I thumbs up this quote?

Are you people kidding me??? A boardgame *cruise*? Hey, I can maybe see whipping out a boardgame to pass some idle time away and relax for awhile. But to make it the focal point of a cruise? A cruise??? :laugh:

What next?

More
10 Dec 2008 23:32 #15221 by Ryan B.
Replied by Ryan B. on topic Re:CRUISE!
A cruise??? :lol:

More
10 Dec 2008 23:59 #15222 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Re:CRUISE!
Ryan B. wrote:

Southernman wrote:

It would be a great idea if it was in a piece of water with a higher iceberg density ..... or perhaps off the Somali coast.

How can I thumbs up this quote?

Are you people kidding me??? A boardgame *cruise*? Hey, I can maybe see whipping out a boardgame to pass some idle time away and relax for awhile. But to make it the focal point of a cruise? A cruise??? :laugh:

What next?

What exactly is the focal point of a cruise. Everyone I know who does them just talks about the food.

More
11 Dec 2008 05:23 #15226 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re:CRUISE!
Octavian wrote:

I trust you all realize that a "No" option is completely unnecessary as the only data of interest is the number of people who would be interested. The proportion of people interested vs not interested is completely insignificant to the question of whether or not enough people are interested to make it worth while.

Like I said, I'm sure you all know that and you are just being droll. Well done, also, in your continued efforts to show how you are not at all obsessed, or even interested, in what goes on over at T.O.S. Well played, all.

Cheers!

-MMM

I take it Captain Obvious here is going to be piloting the boat.

More
11 Dec 2008 05:31 #15227 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re:CRUISE!
Actually I didn't think it was that bad an idea - I mean can you imagine a F:AT cruise? That would be fucking awesome.

Mind you I couldn't give a flying fuck about playing any actual games on it, it would be more the personalities on the ship. I mean can you imagine Barnes and I hitting the islands? They wouldn't know what hit them. Weeks of just constantly hanging shit on whipping boy Ken. Weeks could write down the adventures. Thrower could be the stuck up english snob that every cruise needs. Since Uba is the only chick she'd have to get some gangbag practice in. Southern could be the cantancerous old man we all throw our shit at while he sleeps on deck. He dies of a heart attack 3/4 of the way through after we pay a chick to show him her tits. We could even bring Robartin's corpse on board weekend at bernies style. This is the cruse of the millennium right here.

Except for the fact you assclowns are all married. Fucking killjoys, why the fuck would I want to go on a cruise with a bunch of married pussies? What a stupid fucking idea this cruise is. I think you all better hurry up and give divorced so we can get this shit going.

Can you imagine tanktops tan lines? HAHAHAHA!

More
11 Dec 2008 10:03 #15234 by Stephen Avery
Replied by Stephen Avery on topic Re:CRUISE!
My predictions for an AT Cruise run as following.

Barnes would usurp the Kareoke bar and be playing old school punk songs off of Rob Martin's Blackberry. Martin would be trashed at the bar drinking non stop mojitos.

Steve Weeks would be broadcasting his loosing streak at the craps table.

Frank Branham would hack the ships tv broadcast to replace the shopping broadcast with obscure horror films

Skeletor would be in the brig for picking a fight with the captian.

Shellhead and Madog would be coming up with variant rules for suffleboard involving firearms and special powers

Octavian would be pointing out the flaws in their variant rules.

Southernman would be complaining about how weak the beer is.

Kingput would be working on his tan with a non stop lifeline of drink specials coming his way.

Uba would somehow find a way to work from the boat.

Ryan B would be leaning out the fore yelling "I'm king of the world!!"

Shweig! would be on the nude sunbathing deck chatting up the other Europeans

I would make my lair in the skybar until the dance floor opened so I could embarass myself with drunk uncoordinated dancing.

Steve"SirCruisalot"Avery

More
11 Dec 2008 10:05 #15236 by Stephen Avery

Can you imagine tanktops tan lines? HAHAHAHA!

Its...

Its..

So beautiful.

Tanktops. Its filled with Tanktops.

Steve"Tanktop"Avery

More
11 Dec 2008 11:05 - 11 Dec 2008 11:05 #15242 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Re:CRUISE!
On the F:AT cruise I'd be looking for an excuse to not just flip a table over after a game, but flip a table overboard after a game. I would then become legend.
Last edit: 11 Dec 2008 11:05 by ChristopherMD.

More
11 Dec 2008 11:14 - 11 Dec 2008 11:15 #15243 by Bulwyf
Replied by Bulwyf on topic Re:CRUISE!
I don't think it's that bad of an idea at all.

Room: Taken care of and within easy walking distance. No need for a rental car. And if you get a balcony they're quite nice.

Food: Also taken care of and on some cruise lines the food is damn good with lots of options.

Alcohol: Not free but lots of options.

Entertainment: Lets face it. I don't want to see any lame shows or go to some crappy on-board disco. Playing boardgames with my family and friends seems pretty good to me. (esp on those at-sea days)

Family: If they come along there's lots for them to do so they aren't hassling me. They can go swim, take shore excursions, get sunburned. etc.

I've been on a cruise before. I don't feel like taking overpriced trips to swim with Flipper, get ripped off at tourist traps or get hassled by weed dealers. A cruise where I can enjoy nice weather, play some games, eat myself silly and smoke some cuban cigars sounds good to me.

-Will
Last edit: 11 Dec 2008 11:15 by Bulwyf.

More
11 Dec 2008 11:18 #15244 by Stephen Avery

On the F:AT cruise I'd be looking for an excuse to not just flip a table over after a game, but flip a table overboard after a game. I would then become legend.

Why stop there? I say capsize the ship...

Steve"ManOverboard"Avery

More
11 Dec 2008 11:27 #15247 by Deleted User 1
Replied by Deleted User 1 on topic Re:CRUISE!
F:AT cruise ship on the left passes by BGG Cruise ship on right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmD21qwwBw&NR=1

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds