October 09, 2023
2552 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2751 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What MOVIE(s) have you been....seeing? watching?

More
17 Dec 2018 14:53 #288344 by the_jake_1973
You're not the only one, Barney. We don't go out to movies since Alamo Drafthouse closed. The typical theatre experience is pretty shit. We'll watch it on rental later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2018 14:56 #288346 by Black Barney
sucks that place closed :(

The following user(s) said Thank You: the_jake_1973, Gregarius, mtagge

More
17 Dec 2018 15:31 #288348 by jpat

Black Barney wrote: I hear the 3D for Spiderman is amazing. Did you see it in 3D? I think I've only enjoyed 3D ONCE in my entire movie-going life (Coraline), so I'm intrigued but skeptical.

I didn't, but 3D doesn't really work on me with my visual impairment so I typically avoid it when I can.

More
17 Dec 2018 16:32 #288353 by Gregarius

Black Barney wrote: I hear the 3D for Spiderman is amazing. Did you see it in 3D? I think I've only enjoyed 3D ONCE in my entire movie-going life (Coraline), so I'm intrigued but skeptical.

I'm trying to think when I've enjoyed it... I know I've seen more movies in 3D than I wanted to (some forced by friends, others duped by review recommendations).

I think Hugo was the only one where I actually liked it. I was curious to see Terminator 2 when they re-released it about a year ago, but it went too fast.

Oh, I remember one... Gravity was pretty amazing. The film was kinda crap, but the 3D definitely worked.

(Of course, I'm excluding CLASSIC 3D. I will always love House of Wax and Creature from the Black Lagoon!)

More
17 Dec 2018 16:39 #288355 by Shellhead

Black Barney wrote: I’m the last one that hasn’t seen Infinity War.

#hipster

I thought the hipster was the first person to see an obscure movie, not the last one to see a popular movie.

More
17 Dec 2018 17:11 #288359 by Black Barney
I’ll be honest, I still really don’t understand what a hipster is
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
17 Dec 2018 17:50 #288363 by mtagge

Black Barney wrote: I’ll be honest, I still really don’t understand what a hipster is

I think a hipster is someone who pretends to be poor and legitimately enjoy "low quality" goods. Like the cheapest brand of beer, clothes that look like they are from a thrift store, eating from holes in the wall. Meanwhile they spend $200 on beard wax and the clothes are expensive but just look like they are cheap.

Onto the topic. Kids are still in school until Friday but I have use or lose leave so watching some kid unfriendly stuff. Saw "Awaiting further instructions" www.imdb.com/title/tt4971408/?ref_=nv_sr_1 a classic style horror flick. It starts out with an uncomfortable Christmas family get together with the racist grandpa, asshole father, sister/husband from Jersey Shore (despite being a British flick), overwhelmed mom, and main character with Indian/British fiancee. Christmas morning the protagonists were going to sneak out early only to find the house is trapped in a black metal covering. The family name is Milgram so you know there are going to be psy-experiments and the TV starts sending out instructions.

I actually liked it and had a little trouble sleeping. Good stuff.

More
17 Dec 2018 21:00 #288372 by hotseatgames
That movie looks messed up. I had not heard of it before.

More
18 Dec 2018 10:12 #288384 by SebastianBludd

Shellhead wrote:

Black Barney wrote: I’m the last one that hasn’t seen Infinity War.

#hipster

I thought the hipster was the first person to see an obscure movie, not the last one to see a popular movie.

In this case, the hipster would say that they prefer the Infinity Gauntlet comic miniseries from 1991 (the single issues only, NOT the TPB omnibus), whether they do or not.

More
18 Dec 2018 16:20 #288403 by Shellhead
Just saw Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, and it is truly great. Wonderful animation, good story, and enough action to fill a live-action superhero trilogy. Aside from the superior animation, Spider-Verse falls a little short of the greatness of the first Incredibles movie, but is still great fun for the whole family. At a glance, it seems aimed at kids, but really holds appeal for a much wider audience. The music was mostly modern and I enjoyed it. The voice actors included some A-list folks. And the movie runs the full range of human emotions like any instant classic should. The animation is so good that I think that it would be better if more superhero movies were animated instead of live-action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grudunza, ChristopherMD, sornars, Gregarius

More
18 Dec 2018 19:10 #288411 by Grudunza
Another Spiderman movie? Oy. I mean, the last one was pretty good, but still... do we really need another one??

YES WE DO. Wow. So much fun. +1 to everything Shell said.

More
18 Dec 2018 22:19 #288424 by Jackwraith
Saw Roma. dichotomouspurity.blogspot.com/2018/12/emotional-tools.html

Saw At Eternity's Gate tonight, too. Will probably write up something soon.

More
19 Dec 2018 01:03 - 19 Dec 2018 16:34 #288431 by Cranberries
Into the Spiderverse was pretty great and so visually inventive and weird. So refreshing to see something new and different. It felt like an experiment at times.

Last edit: 19 Dec 2018 16:34 by Cranberries.

More
19 Dec 2018 22:23 #288495 by hotseatgames
Just got back from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse. That was one of the best superhero movies I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot of them. More like this, please!

Also, my stomach is full of popcorn and regret.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Black Barney

More
20 Dec 2018 09:49 #288523 by RobertB
Roku updated the Plex client about a week ago, and the Plex client decided that my Plex server was too old. After flailing around a bit, I got it to work. It turns out that the newer server supports the Plex client I have on my phone, and I can now watch movies on my phone. So, yay!

To test it, I watched Michael Mann's Heat. It runs a little long, but it's my favorite cops-and-robbers movie, and one of my favorite movies, period. It's Michael Mann's best. It was the first movie with Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro in the same scene (they were both in Godfather 2, but young Vito Corleone never shares the screen with Michael Corleone).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, hotseatgames

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.591 seconds