October 09, 2023
2544 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2739 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What MOVIE(s) have you been....seeing? watching?

More
18 Nov 2018 22:11 #286394 by Shellhead

Gary Sax wrote: Reading that completely bizarre, pretty chilling, drug addled long form interview of Depp in was it Rolling Stone? Variety? was pretty fucked up. And revealing about the phenomenon you just mentioned. I'm not sure Depp has enough brain left to do anything else.

Depp was a great actor for many years. I suspect that his life took a turn for the worse after he spent some time hanging out with Hunter S. Thompson while he was working on Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas. Hunter was a force of nature with a shocking capability for handling drugs that few mortals could ever emulate. Because of his book, I was inspired to dabble in snorting ether for a year while I was in college. I might have gotten into a lot more trouble if I had been independently wealthy like Depp was at the time. Also, Depp made a bad mistake getting married to Amber Heard. She accused him of domestic abuse, though none of his previous significant others had ever had a problem like that with him. But it was Heard who was actually arrested for abusing her previous (female) partner. The Depp/Heard marriage was reportedly acrimonious and involved a great deal of alcohol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, lj1983

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2018 22:26 #286397 by Black Barney
I speak badly of Heard in my circles and seem to get into trouble as most of my friends seem to think Depp was the problem there.

Ugh :(

I wish he had just stayed with gaptooth Paradis instead. I loved that chick growing up :(

More
18 Nov 2018 23:19 #286398 by Gary Sax
Here it is. It's a long piece but it's worth reading if he interests you.

www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-featur...-johnny-depp-666010/

I can't speculate about what a person will or won't do re: spousal abuse, sexual assault, etc. Had too many people I know or worked with do shit I wouldn't have expected.

More
19 Nov 2018 09:22 #286479 by charlest
Saw Bohemian Rhapsody and quite enjoyed it. Formulaic and no real twists, but it was feel good and full of emotion.

More
21 Nov 2018 14:28 #286635 by Jackwraith
Saw Green Book last night. Both Ali and Mortensen were excellent in their roles. I found the story a bit predictable and middle America sappy. Will probably post more detail on my blog tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grudunza

More
24 Nov 2018 20:32 #286767 by Michael Barnes
Ralph Breaks the Internet review

- Disney princesses jokes- A+ (+++ if you are princess fan like me)

- Acknowledgement of Tron- A

- Absence of King Candy and his fungeon- F

- Rest of film- B

It was fun, but the “oh, that crazy Internet” line gets kind of old.

There was some truly upsetting body horror stuff.

Funniest moment- this lady behind me suddenly blurting out “WHY HIS HANDS SO BIG!”

More
24 Nov 2018 22:30 #286773 by Gary Sax
Seeing Creed 2 on Tuesday and I am really genuinely excited. I enjoyed Creed immensely and I always love Michael B Jordan onscreen, he completely stole everything about Black Panther---I consider most of the rest of that movie kinda average.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead

More
24 Nov 2018 22:41 #286774 by Michael Barnes
My wife just did a Nike shoot for Creed II with Michael B Jordan- said he was awesome to work with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney

More
24 Nov 2018 23:32 #286775 by Cranberries

Gary Sax wrote: Here it is. It's a long piece but it's worth reading if he interests you.

www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-featur...-johnny-depp-666010/

I can't speculate about what a person will or won't do re: spousal abuse, sexual assault, etc. Had too many people I know or worked with do shit I wouldn't have expected.

Someone argued that he was on his way to becoming Marlon Brando. So many Hollywood actors destroy themselves that you start wondering if maybe it's much harder than we realize to be rich and famous.

I felt in a lot of instances I was deliberately being put through stress because when you're a guy who generates money, people have a vested interested in controlling you. Dave Chappelle

I enjoy pretty much everything Dave Chapelle says about celebrity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead

More
25 Nov 2018 09:55 #286784 by Black Barney

Michael Barnes wrote: My wife just did a Nike shoot for Creed II with Michael B Jordan- said he was awesome to work with.

My best female friend is super hot for Michael B Jordan. Any kind of pics your wife is allowed to leak would be most appreciated:)

More
25 Nov 2018 10:02 - 25 Nov 2018 10:03 #286785 by Michael Barnes
Ha ha, naw man...that kind of thing usually doesn’t happen. I saw the call sheet, the whole first page was practically “no autographs, no selfies, no photos of any kind”. He’s there to work, as is the crew- it would be super unprofessional.

She did get a pic with DeNiro once...because, I mean, how could you not.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2018 10:03 by Michael Barnes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney

More
25 Nov 2018 11:42 #286791 by Disgustipater

Michael Barnes wrote: it would be super unprofessional.

Well, look who's asking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, hotseatgames

More
25 Nov 2018 14:03 #286793 by Michael Barnes
I’m sure if Black Barney were on set he would have run up to him hollering “how you gonna go and do T’challa like that?”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Disgustipater

More
25 Nov 2018 17:35 - 25 Nov 2018 17:35 #286794 by Black Barney
I’d probably accidentally ask him to park my car

Anyway that’s why I said “that your wife IS ALLOWED to leak” cuz i figured she wouldn’t be able to
Last edit: 25 Nov 2018 17:35 by Black Barney.

More
25 Nov 2018 20:29 #286802 by hotseatgames
In preparation for a trip to Las Vegas, I showed my girlfriend 2 Vegas movies she had never seen. First up was Hangover, which is still decently amusing. Gang gets super drunk and drugged, hijinx ensue. Also Mike Tyson.

Next was Very Bad Things. It had been a really long time since I have seen this one. It's much darker than I remembered, and actually features very little Las Vegas. Gang gets super drunk and drugged, hijinx ensue. This time there is a body count.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.649 seconds