October 09, 2023
2553 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2752 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing? ARCHIVE

More
20 Apr 2015 17:11 #201133 by Erik Twice

Black Barney wrote: what decade is this??

It's the nineties and it's time for Klax.

And yeah, I play old games. Sue me =P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney
The topic has been locked.
More
21 Apr 2015 13:06 #201190 by Pug
I recently picked up an X-Box One, and have been enjoying it so far. I got Halo MCC (came with console), Forza 5, and Dead Rising 3, and Titanfall so far, and have been enjoying all of them.
More
21 Apr 2015 13:44 - 21 Apr 2015 13:44 #201196 by Black Barney
yay Pug!

You got Gold? If you do, make sure to pick up this month's free games, Rayman Legends (amazing), Child of Night (someone here really likes it) and that dumb Pool game.

Dark Souls II just got released as well. I hear GTAV is absolutely incredible on Xbox One. Way more stuff going on (traffic, air traffic, everything graphics wise, orcas, etc) and 1st person viewpoint if you want, which would totally change the feel of the game. How the hell are you going to land a cargo plane??

oh and Magic Duels: Origins is coming out for free this June. If you like Magic, you should pick up Magic 2015, it's pretty much the only thing I play all the time online.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2015 13:44 by Black Barney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pug
More
21 Apr 2015 14:09 #201204 by Pug

Black Barney wrote: yay Pug!

You got Gold? If you do, make sure to pick up this month's free games, Rayman Legends (amazing), Child of Night (someone here really likes it) and that dumb Pool game.

Dark Souls II just got released as well. I hear GTAV is absolutely incredible on Xbox One. Way more stuff going on (traffic, air traffic, everything graphics wise, orcas, etc) and 1st person viewpoint if you want, which would totally change the feel of the game. How the hell are you going to land a cargo plane??

oh and Magic Duels: Origins is coming out for free this June. If you like Magic, you should pick up Magic 2015, it's pretty much the only thing I play all the time online.

Yep, and I got gold as well! Picked up the gold games except for the pool one, I'll stick with Virtual Pool on the PC from the 90's, thanks :D

I want to get GTA again, but will wait for a price drop since I already had it on the 360. Same with Magic, I had 2015 on the 360 as well as the PC, so I will probably wait till that online one that drops in June... though I'm worried about it being a money pit, but I guess we'll see.

Anyways, I'm still adjusting to the UI on the Xbox One. As someone coming from the 360 I find it underwhelming, but I'm hoping after some time I'll get used to it.

But I'm totally up for some online gaming, I'm a very poor FPS player, but I have a blast playing them anyways. So I'm always game for those, or racing in Forza 5 (which I really love so far). Dead Rising 3 also has co-op which I'd love to try out at some point.
More
21 Apr 2015 14:25 #201208 by Black Barney
Did you get an Xbox One with Kinect? Look, I'm not fan of Kinect from a gaming perspective but the entire UI of the One is designed to be used with Kinect and it works glorious with it. "Xbox, watch TV" "Xbox, snap party chat" "Xbox, go home" , it's so easy. But yeah, the 360 dashboard was perfected near the end. If you remember, tho, it was awful at the beginning. So I assume MSFT will continue to improve the One's UI as time goes on.

I have Ghosts on the One and am always up for a match but I haven't got into the FPS at all on the One. I skipped Advanced Warfare and Destiny. I don't regret it. Playing GTAV while in First Person will be really neat.

You just missed a really good deal where you could get and play Forza Horizon 2 presents The Fast and the Furious for free until April 10. It was pretty fun and free! You can also try the Crew for free (although I think that offer is expired), where you get 5 hours or free gameplay. What a ambitious game they made there.

Magic Duels: Origins is designed to be the same money pit that Hearthstone CAN be so you just have to avoid spending money (easy for me).

I will also probably get GTA V on the next price drop. The online stuff I hear is really fun now with the heists and such. Already the Top Fun missions were a total blast before that.

We get one or two free games a month with Gold and there are often cool time-sensitive freebies like the car games I mentionned.
More
21 Apr 2015 14:53 #201212 by Pug
I got the Xbox One without Kinect, but I can definitely see that it has its uses. I might pick one up for cheap in the future though. I do hope the UI gets a few tweaks for the non-kinect users, but it's not a huge deal.

I understand about FPS's, I'm the same way. I enjoy them, but I don't go out of my way to play them. I did pick up Titanfall, and have really been enjoying it. I don't have COD: Ghosts, but I might wait a bit on that one. I know it's on sale now, but I might bite on State of Decay that's coming out (I loved in on the 360, but never got the DLC or anything).

I totally missed the Forza deal, and I think only by a day or two... I was a bit sad, but it's all good. Horizon 2 is dropping in price pretty fast, so I'll probably pick up the inevitable GOTY edition later this year. I don't know much about The Crew, but I'll take a look at it online.

Good to know about Magic Duels, my wallet will be safe in that case!
More
27 Apr 2015 15:52 #201554 by hotseatgames
Since it was on sale on Steam this last weekend, I picked up Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. This game is damn cool, and slickly produced. It's also hard as hell, but I've heard that once you get a few upgrades the difficulty levels off.

For the uninitiated, the elevator pitch is as follows: Assassin's Creed + Batman Arkham Asylum + Grand Theft Auto + LOTR = open world orc killing mayhem.

As mentioned, difficulty is a bit high. There is also so much to collect / upgrade that it can be overwhelming. They really waste no time throwing tons of shit at you.
More
28 Apr 2015 14:08 #201579 by jeb
I am keeping an eye out for a cheap copy of SHADOWS OF MORDOR on the PS4. I loved the PS2 LOTR Adventure games and this looks like a gussied-up version of those. Watchlist is: SHADOWS OF MORDOR, BLOODBORNE, DARK SOULS 2. I kind of have a type, I guess.

My Witch Doctor is now ~Lvl 43, just took out Ghar in the basement of the Keep. Act III I think. Azmodan one. I like this Transmogrify shop the game has now. I look so fucking fly. Who needs all those scary skull helmets when you can have fabulous feathers like me!

GarySax! When do we DIVE into HELL? Probably never, right? I am a night gamer, west coast. My friend and I got fucking rocked on a cyborg mission to blow up some generator thing. Just couldn't hold off the guys long enough for the nuke to land before the Strat Nullifier came back online.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax
More
28 Apr 2015 15:29 #201582 by Gary Sax
We should... you're one of the like 3 people on my friends list, I think?I haven't bought the game but maybe I will tonight.
More
28 Apr 2015 22:51 #201597 by Gary Sax
Yo, Jeb, I bought and downloaded Helldivers but haven't played it yet. If I'm playing Bloodborne in the evening, I could easily be convinced to switch to Helldivers once I get past whatever nasty fight I'm on with some giant vagina or something.

We're already PSN buddies so we're set there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb
More
29 Apr 2015 09:52 #201605 by Gary Sax
Oh, hey, also, are the expansions worth it?
More
29 Apr 2015 11:17 #201610 by scrumpyjack
I've been playing Pillars of Eternity for about 46 hours now and I'm really enjoying it. If you've ever wanted to play the sequel to Baldur's Gate II, this is the game to get. The combat is entertaining and tactical, even on normal difficulty. The characters have great background quests and the story is fascinating, focusing on the nature of the soul. I haven't run into a single crash so far, with the only bug I've seen being an enemy that flew into space after Eder smacked it really hard.
More
29 Apr 2015 11:32 #201612 by jeb
I have no idea. Mine cost $20--was that with Expansions? I don't even know. The game is a weird mix of "Holy crap, this is impossible," to "Where are all the guys? We are fucking Delta Force!!" Difficulty doesn't scale with number of players--so if you hop into an Easy Mission (they are Dive In The Park, Very Easy, Easy, Medium, Challenging, Very Challenging, &c) by yourself, it's going to be tough. But if three other Divers show up, you will fucking romp. My firend and I were playing and all kinds of randos kept popping in; it's no big deal. Just fire it up and start spreading liberty! For Super Earth!
More
29 Apr 2015 11:38 #201613 by Gary Sax
Cool man. Looking forward to playing it, I've been way too obsessed with Bloodborne which is heavy as hell.

Yeah, there's like 5 bucks of DLC for new characters or something.
More
29 Apr 2015 13:21 - 29 Apr 2015 13:28 #201621 by jeb

Gary Sax wrote: Cool man. Looking forward to playing it, I've been way too obsessed with Bloodborne which is heavy as hell.

Yeah, there's like 5 bucks of DLC for new characters or something.

I told my teammate that I had an online friend who might find us and play, but he was "hooked on Bloodborne." My friend said, "Yeah, he could be a while. There's a lot of game there."

Don't bother with the DLC I think. It's unnecessary. You can dress your Diver up all nice after a few levels anyway, and there are tons of build options/skill trees.
Last edit: 29 Apr 2015 13:28 by jeb.
Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.031 seconds