October 09, 2023
2552 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2751 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

GW and FFG Breaking Up?

More
07 Sep 2016 15:11 #233522 by JEM
Replied by JEM on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

metalface13 wrote: Do these licenses necessarily mean board games? Dark Future already has a licensee, there's a video game coming out.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything, except that they are looking for a non-video game licencee for the IP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2016 15:42 #233527 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
I think the Warhammer Quest card game is a helluva lot of bang for the buck. I put it on my CSI wish list along with the two expansions....will keep an eye on the situation and pull the trigger soon if all this proves out.

More
07 Sep 2016 15:46 - 07 Sep 2016 15:54 #233528 by Mr. White
Replied by Mr. White on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
The FFG lists the WHQ:CG as in stock, but the two POD characters as 'not available'.

My guess is they can sell the stock they have, but they are no longer printing any runs of any GW game. Which is why these two characters are no longer available via POD.
My LGS has a few of each in stock if needed.

www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/w...adventure-card-game/

EDIT: same with SH:DA. Looks like the POD expansions have been shut down.
www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/death-angel/
(I'm gonna get hosed trying to track down the tyranids and deathwing marines...yep...ebay prices have these from $30-60+)
Last edit: 07 Sep 2016 15:54 by Mr. White.

More
07 Sep 2016 15:55 #233529 by Michael Barnes
Jeff can you grab those PODs for me?

More
07 Sep 2016 16:17 #233530 by Msample

Mr. White wrote: EDIT: same with SH:DA. Looks like the POD expansions have been shut down.
(I'm gonna get hosed trying to track down the tyranids and deathwing marines...yep...ebay prices have these from $30-60+)

The Marines would be easy enough to scan/proxy - its not like you are shuffling them or anything.

More
07 Sep 2016 16:24 #233531 by DukeofChutney
I was somewhat skeptical about this, however the evidence in this thread is a little more convincing. This seems like a questionable deal for GW at least. I don't see them printing card games anytime soon. I'm only really interested if GW put out some DOAMs or the like.

More
07 Sep 2016 16:57 - 07 Sep 2016 17:00 #233533 by Mr. White

Michael Barnes wrote: Jeff can you grab those PODs for me?

Got 'em.

Almost picked up horned rat, but decided that's taking it too far. Hopefully a fan gets it as I can see it going stupid like crown and glory.
Last edit: 07 Sep 2016 17:00 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes

More
07 Sep 2016 17:06 #233534 by Msample

DukeofChutney wrote: I don't see them printing card games anytime soon. I'm only really interested if GW put out some DOAMs or the like.

Yeah that is the weird part - a lot of the stuff FFG does is way outside GW's usual wheelhouse. That's why it will be interesting to see if someone else gets the license, or GW tries to do it all in house.

More
07 Sep 2016 18:19 - 07 Sep 2016 18:20 #233540 by Nick Dalton
Replied by Nick Dalton on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

Mr. White wrote: EDIT: same with SH:DA. Looks like the POD expansions have been shut down.

Sent you a PM.
Last edit: 07 Sep 2016 18:20 by Nick Dalton.

More
08 Sep 2016 02:24 #233549 by ioticus
Replied by ioticus on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
CSI has a few Mission Pack 1 and Marine Pack 1 for $3.99 each. Get 'em before they're gone!

More
08 Sep 2016 04:04 #233550 by cdennett
Replied by cdennett on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
For those of you fretting over WHQ:CG expansions, they have lots available at Miniature Market still. I've been on the fence about the game for quite some time, but decided to hedge my bets (before it's gone) and added it to some preorders I had been eyeing... Thankfully I picked up all the Death Angel packs a while back, as they've been scarce for a long time (at least at the online retailers).

More
08 Sep 2016 07:48 #233554 by Egg Shen
Replied by Egg Shen on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
Like a doomsday prepper I've been running around trying to gather up any stuff that I feel will become a complete bitch to find down the road. This is what I've bought thus far:

Talisman Nether Realms & Deep Realms
Death Angel Mission Pack 1, Tyranid Pack, Space Marine Pack 1
Relic Nemesis

I've also traded to get my hands on The Horned Rat expansion. That appears to be OOS at most online retailers that I checked. Many retailers are also already out of the base game of Chaos in the Old World. I'd say if you've ever been on the fence for that one, now is the time. It's going to be grail game...

I'm planning on grabbing a few more. I want to make sure I have everything for Relic and Talisman. I'll get those two Blood Bowl expansions before they're gone. Might grab all the Disk Wars stuff if I can.

More
08 Sep 2016 08:10 #233557 by Mr. White
I guess it was inevitable, but I didn't think much about it happening. I mean, FFG has been making games for GW for, what, 12 years? Going back to Warrior Knights and Fury of Dracula.

Of all the titles, I'm most curious about what happens to Talisman. Wade made a good point about everyone having it, so maybe nothing will come of it. However, it's such an easy game to redress up i wouldn't be surprised if GW gives it another go in the 3rd edition style. You know, with actual 28-30mm minis that can be used in their other games.

Who knows though.

Be funny if we're all wrong about this...

More
08 Sep 2016 08:19 #233558 by wadenels
Replied by wadenels on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?
Diskwars is a solid game. I don't think it gets a lot of press because it's basically a miniatures game, which is a crowded space to be in, but Diskwars doesn't actually have miniatures. It has that fun narrative thing that GW miniatures games have; you can set up a squad based around a fun theme or idea and just see how it plays out. Too many "real" miniatures game attempting to challenge GW miss the fun narrative part and are always played competitively.

Between Diskwars, Puppet Wars Unstitched, and Heroscape I have virtually zero motivation to get into a "real" miniatures game. Closest thing I've gotten into is probably Armor Grid Mech Attack.

More
08 Sep 2016 08:24 #233559 by wadenels
Replied by wadenels on topic GW and FFG Breaking Up?

Mr. White wrote: Of all the titles, I'm most curious about what happens to Talisman. Wade made a good point about everyone having it, so maybe nothing will come of it. However, it's such an easy game to redress up i wouldn't be surprised if GW gives it another go in the 3rd edition style. You know, with actual 28-30mm minis that can be used in their other games.

If GW bought Talisman back under their own brand they would have to absolutely knock it out of the park. Even though I'm not a fan of dozens of expansions, FFG kind of set the industry standard with Talisman when it comes to supporting a single board game line. What they've done with Talisman is both far more interesting and far more dynamic than anything anyone else has done in board game land, including other expansion-heavy game lines such as Dominion, Cosmic Encounter, Munchkin, etc.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds